Prince Snow Farm

10.15.2017

It's Goodbye

I dream all winter of  spring's cold touch against my cheek.

 

Of muddled sunshine warming earth and bringing hope.


Of landscapes bursting with shapes and shadows and life.

And when it emerges, I crave to imitate its relentless gusto, 

my senses alive and my soul thankful.

How quickly this beauty morphs into summer warmth and bountiful harvests.


Laden boughs bequeath their gifts with outstretched arms.

I  linger in these seasons,


allowing blue sky backdrops and paint palette blossoms to become my studio.
It is here that I create


with serrated petals and crooked stems...


 in the midst of low lying fogs and lagging sunsets.


 And in the blink of an eye



 the seasons shift once more , and autumn is upon us. 


I shed a tear for what I have loved, and for all it has meant.


  I revel in the beauty, the generosity, the lessons I have learned.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, and poignant words. Thank you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So poetically beautiful! Love the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...cannot get enough time in the garden!

      Delete
  3. Stunning. Will return to re-revel in both the words and images. thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words for your fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...