Prince Snow Farm

5.24.2016

Dear Dad



        Dad, it's the eve of your 84th birthday and I just took a few photos of your pink dogwood tree. The air was dry and crisp, the sky the shade of blue that only raindrops can leave behind.




It's the kind of day that would beckon you to the porch to watch the hummingbirds.....the kind of day where, without a pause I would reach for the phone to call to tell you that the catbird was back or that the apple tree was in flower.


It's the kind of day where the breeze carries childhood memories that linger long enough to simultaneously bring gigantic smiles and a smudge of tears.

           


 I watched the sunlight weaving in and out of the dogwood's sheer pink petals, creating shadow and light in a complementary dance.



 And now as I write you this birthday note, it all becomes clearyour life...my life... woven together so masterfully, with a common love of all that God has so gracefully created.


Happy Birthday Dad. 
Miss you.

11 comments:

  1. So sweet. God bless you as you take time to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tribute to the love you shared...xx mary sullivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mary. Your constant love and support has meant so much over the years.

      Delete
  3. My dad and I have the same loves. Nature truly does bond people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This beautiful post brought tears to my eyes. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Elizabeth, this tender poem and photo montage moved me immensely. Both words and pics are breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written.
    My Mom and I would garden together, the bond of nature is so strong.
    Thinking of you,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots of love
    xoxo
    (I love to see there's a new post up! Makes me feel closer to you)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture is my absolute favorite! I love that you have a tree and so many happy memories!!!

    Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...