Prince Snow Farm

4.19.2016

Simple Granola


Looking for a fast and easy granola?
I have made many batches of granola over the years, but this time I pieced together all of my favorite recipes into what works for us. That's the thing about granola…there's no "GRANOLA LAW" dictating what has to go in. It's really about preference. I'll share my steps and our go to recipe; and I will offer suggestions for add ins.

We tend to use granola as a snack, a yogurt topping (my favorite), and as a breakfast with milk and sliced strawberries. (and we use Gluten Free oats due to our daughter's Celiac Disease)




I obsess a bit about mise en place. I find it soooo helpful to have my ingredients measured and clearly visible. Plus, I clean as I go, so my kitchen is literally tidied up sans putting dishes in dishwasher and wiping the counter.



Mix your wet ingredients. 




Mix your dry ingredients.




Mix your  wet with your dry ingredients.




I'm a messy cook. Or perhaps a bigger bowl was in order.




Spread a nice thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. I use my huge one, but you may need two.



Let cool before removing from the tray. This allows yummy stuck together sticky, crispy/chewy bites. (If you prefer it separated, stir while still cooling.)

Ingredients:

4 cups oats (we use Bob’s Gluten Free)

¾ c sweetened coconut

¼ c unsweetened coconut

½ t salt

1 T cinnamon

1 t vanilla extract

3 T golden flaxseed meal

1/3  c canola/coconut oil blend (Spectrum)

2/3 c local honey (organic if possible)

2 T maple syrup

optional add-ins:  sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, dried cherries, cranberries or other fruit.

If adding nuts or dried fruit, back off on the amount of coconut.

Directions:

325° oven preheated

1.    Mix dry ingredients.

2.    Mix wet ingredients.

3.     Combine wet and dry.

4.    Spread on parchment lined baking tray

5.    Cook for about twenty minutes. Stir midway if desired. 
     Watch carefully for browning to avoid burning.

6.    Allow to fully cool, then remove to an airtight container. (Love my Pyrex with lid)

Please share your favorite granola add-ins in the comments below!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Love granola, and yes so versatile...I read somewhere that a pinch of salt (I use a blend of sea and Himalayan ) helps to enhance flavour..and the same coconut oil and maple syrup.. Your photos look like magazine shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is similar to the way that I make it too! EXCEPT I am even messier than you! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been much of a granola fan, Monica, but that recipe may change my mind. it sounds so easy and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granola is soooooo good! I have one recipe that I make and my eye on a few others. Mine is very similar to yours, but calls for sunflower seeds and some molasses. I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...