Prince Snow Farm

4.01.2016

Cosmos

Looking for another easy to direct sow, awesome producer in the garden?


Look no more, Cosmos are here!


I had NEVER grown Cosmos until last summer.


I planted a variety of seeds,


I love the uniqueness of this variety.


They grow quite tall, so they would make a great background planting, or would be lovely along a fence.



They produce like crazy from late summer right up til first frost.



The more you cut, the more they produce. Win-win!



They tend to have thin, rather delicate stems,so I find them pretty in with a mix of zinnias, or with a large handful, so that they can prop one another up.


Their frilly petals are so unique!
I will be planting again this year.
I hope you will too!


3 comments:

  1. It's a deal. I'll get some and plant them for summer. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me, I usually remember when it's too late. they certainly are a pretty flower that tends to take a back seat in popularity contests. I'll have to see if I can find the variety you have shown. It just bothers me that they grow quite tall. Maybe I can find one similar in dwarf size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cosmos are the first flower that I grew from seed!!! I LOVE them! :) They'll have a spot in every garden I have. :) I'm surprised (but also oh so glad) that you only just discovered them last summer.

    Here's to ALWAYS learning and tending NEW plants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...