Prince Snow Farm

12.01.2015

Putting on the Finishing Touches- Christmas Decorating Part II

Quite honestly, somedays I am not sure where I manage to eek out the time that I need to complete all of my projects. But this year, something is just …well…different! I am truly feeling the magic of the season, and I am loving fluffing our nest…or "faffing" as the British call it.


I am in total LOVE with these personalized pillows from Shutterfly. I selected a snow covered pine bough, and a view of our woods and garden on a snow-capped morning at sunrise as the photos. The pillows are so nice and plump, just like a certain jolly old elf. (20% off sale ends today!)



I mixed the pillows in with a tartan throw, a Christmas pillow and a plush Santa to give our 
sunporch a cozy holiday feeling even on a cold, rainy afternoon like today! 
( And I love that these pillows will work in any season, in any room of the
 house…and I have a 12 year old and a 16 year old who are trying to call dibs!)


I added a few finishing touches to the chandelier. I love these metal ornaments from Shutterfly. I strung a piece of vintage ribbon through them and hung them amidst the birdhouses and twig stars for the perfect rustic touch in my dining room. (30% off sale ends today!)


 I cannot help but smile when I see these photos of our children from previous Christmas cards. Time has flown! I love how the chandelier light reflects off of the shiny surface. More magic!



The kitchen/family room tree is up! (That's a fake one).We spend all of our time in this room, cooking meals, baking holiday treats, wrapping gifts, watching tv, entertaining, and just living life!


I love having simple serving pieces that can be everyday casual, or elegant when needed. I don't want to have to be careful, or worry about the kids having friends around the house. Houses are made to be lived in! This personalized Lucite tray from Shutterfly has built in handles, and is a great place for a winter hot chocolate bar complete with mini marshmallows, or for after school snacks. I love that it has rubber grippers on the bottom, helping to keep the tray in place, and preventing scratched counters. Also makes an awesome holiday gift! (20% off sale ends today!)


Wow! December 1st and I am almost done.Well, ALMOST! We still have our real tree to set up in the foyer, and a Christmas card shoot at the beach with the kids. But that's why we have weekends! Stay tuned for Part III. Until then…happy faffing!


7 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely and I do love those pillows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle,and I am loving them as well.I love snuggling up on the couch with a cushy pillow and a blanket. But I know not to do it right after I come home from teaching,or I might never get up!

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are wonderful! I really do love the pillows, never can have too many! Love Shutterfly, too.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, never too many pillows! Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. Love the pillows! How festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Shutterfly for these tasteful custom gifts. Your sun porch looks like such an ideal reading spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know that I am just for handmade pillows :)
    But I love your natural ornaments hanging from the chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...