12.07.2015

Foraged…Making Time for Nature


Sometimes you need to stop. pause. breathe.

You need to visit the place that makes your heart sing, that one place that has the ability to move proverbial mountains, to calm your restless spirit, and to bring forth genuine stillness….


For me, that is when I am in the presence of nature…and I truly believe that if I had been born 50 years earlier, my heroine, Rachel Carson, would have changed my path. 

You see, like Rachel, I adore the wide-open sky, the grassy field, the dark, dense wood. But I also feel those things in my spirit. 





Simply put, nature consumes me. It envelops my senses in a whirling, wonderful overload of life and inquisition. It allows me to open my mind, to wonder, to express, to feel.




It renews.


One Way To Open Your Eyes Is To Ask Yourself, What if I Had Never Seen This Before? What if I Knew I Would Never See It Again? - Rachel Carson

What makes your heart sing?
Please share in the comments below.

Read a similar post here.









4 comments:

  1. I think being a blogger encourages you to stop and see things most people don't. I love looking around outside for inspiration!! Love your wreath. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Teresa…but I also think it's one of the reasons we probably became bloggers!

      Delete
  2. I love Rachel Carson also. She is someone I greatly admire. Do you know her book "The Sense of Wonder"? (Of course, everyone should know "Silent Spring"!)
    Something that your last two questions brought to my mind...when you marry someone from another country, it forces you to look at things in a fresh way when you might have to explain them to your husband! Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...