OATMEAL TOFFEE CRISPS
(with sour cherries)
I've made this cookie for a few years now. It's the perfect combination of crunchy toffee with chewy oatmeal and sour cherries.
I convert this recipe to Gluten Free by replacing the flour with a gluten free mix like Pamela's Products Pancake and Baking Mix, or Cup4Cup GF Flour. A couple of big HINTS:
1. If you use the Pamela's Pancake/Baking Mix, cut back on the baking soda,
as the mix also contains baking soda.
2. Use a silver or light color cookie sheet. I made 2 batches, one on a silver cookie sheet, and one on my older, aged cookie sheets. The silver batch was perfect. The darker sheets will now be frozen and used for a holiday trifle:) TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!
3. SPACE them out REALLY well. Way more than you think. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE TOO.
4. If possible, allow the pans to cool between batches.
5. Line your pans with parchment for easy cleanup.
This recipe makes a ton of cookies. Well perhaps not a ton, but a generous 4 dozen.This is a great cookie to package and deliver to friends and family at Christmas, or to put out for your Christmas dessert buffet. I drizzled half the batch with dark chocolate.