12.12.2015

A Perfect Christmas Cookie

 OATMEAL TOFFEE CRISPS 
(with sour cherries)

 I've made this cookie for a few years now. It's the perfect combination of crunchy toffee with chewy oatmeal and sour cherries. 




I convert this recipe to Gluten Free by replacing the flour with a gluten free mix like Pamela's Products Pancake and Baking Mix, or Cup4Cup GF Flour. A couple of big HINTS:

1. If you use the Pamela's Pancake/Baking Mix, cut back on the baking soda, 
as the mix also contains baking soda.

2.  Use a silver or light color cookie sheet. I made 2 batches, one on a silver cookie sheet, and one on my older, aged cookie sheets. The silver batch was perfect. The darker sheets will now be frozen and used for a holiday trifle:) TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!

3. SPACE them out REALLY well. Way more than you think. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE TOO.

4. If possible, allow the pans to cool between batches.

5. Line your pans with parchment for easy cleanup.

This recipe makes a ton of cookies. Well perhaps not a ton, but a generous 4 dozen.This is a great cookie to package and deliver to friends and family at Christmas, or to put out for your Christmas dessert buffet. I drizzled half the batch with dark chocolate.


5 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks like a good recipe. And you know I need to make it gluten free for my husband! I often find that the gluten free flours are not as good tasting as this: 3/4 cup white rice flour and 1/4 cup corn starch. I have found this works very well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy holidays monica... ty for this recipe... i have a friend that is gluten free and i hope she will love this... thanx tons... hugs upon hugs2u and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to do my baking on Wednesday so I can take all the Christmas favorites on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get moved into my home that has a oven so I can bake!! I have all sorts of goodies that I want to bake and eat-I love anything with cherries:)
    Pinned this photo-it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Monica,
    I'm coming over from my dear friend, Jemma's blog. You have a lovely blog with many great ideas. These cookies sound delicious. Cherries are my very favorite fruit. I was reading on your side bar "I dream of being" and that's my life in a nut shell. I was a stay at home mom for many years, and now my kids are grown. I noticed your pictures above. They are just beautiful and so close to nature. I have been wanting to get close to nature in the new year. It brings me such peace. I was looking at your sweet Christmas decorations below also; you really know how to decorate.
    Me and my daughters also have a blog, and we would love it if you would visit us and follow. It's nice to meet new friends, and I think we will get along, as I love Photography as well. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.

    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...