Prince Snow Farm

11.30.2015

The Magic of Christmas…Decorating Part I


As the blessing of another memorable Thanksgiving with family and friends passes by, I have found myself surrounded by the magic of Christmas!


The mantel is decorated with natural elements like vintage flocked 
deer, pine cones, and sprigs of cedar. And boy do I ADORE my new Shutterfly stockings! They are the perfect size for Santa to fill with all sorts of goodies! They are made of such a nice textured linen like fabric with a soft velvet top. I love that we were able to personalize them with family photos. I just know these will become family heirlooms. How special to think that our children will bring these with them to their own homes someday. (If I ever let them leave :)


I found that the words JOY, PEACE and LOVE represent the true meaning of Christmas to our family; so it was easy for me to pick a stocking design from Shutterfly that evokes meaning.  



The cord trim offsets the velvet with such elegance.


Such memories these photos bring forth! Favorite vacations, first days
 of school, a walk on the beach, brothers and sisters…how wonderful to find the
 perfect finishing touches for the mantel.


Next I moved into the dining room where I started preparing for
cozy gatherings with family and friends, as well as for nightly family dinners.


I like to have gifts on hand for friends' impromptu visits, or to use as hostess or teacher gifts. I was able to personalize candles at Shutterfly with one of our own photos. Of course I chose a garden photo,( it's amazing what you can do when playing with white clover!)  Doesn't the photo we chose look perfect on the candle? And I love that the candles are made of soy wax and essential oils. The grapefruit blossom smells amazing! I took them out of their (sturdy) boxes and wrapped them up with cellophane and a holiday ribbon. In the meantime, they are decorating my dining room buffet!


I also couldn't resist these personalized mason jars. Shutterfly has many designs to choose from. I thought it was fun to use our town name with our state abbreviation. The jars are glass, and a nice heavy 16 oz. They will be perfect on a chilly night for a hot buttered rum or hot cocoa ( and will work well for icy cold lemonade in the summer!)


But my favorite new piece for the dining room was this personalized runner from Shutterfly. What's more fun that splashing family photos across your holiday table for dinner parties, cupcake snacks while decorating the tree, and everyday meal time?! I love that it has already become a conversation piece….allowing us to reminisce with family and friends.



Phew! That's what I have done so far! 
I'll keep you posted as I continue to fill our home with the magic and 
beauty of the holiday season. Hope you'll follow along!



I have been compensated by Shutterfly for this post; however the opinions are my own.

12 comments:

  1. It really is worth the fiddle and fuss, isn't it?...all on the way to making memories! Your pics are beautiful and truly inspiring! I'll be back to glean ideas:) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And I love having it done early to enjoy the Advent Season.

      Delete
  2. It is part of the magic of Christmas. My house was my palette when the kids were still home and I spent weeks decorating it. I no longer hear the bells and do the minimum my family will let me get away with. But, the tradition lives on with my kids and their decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donna, my kids et this right up! I imagine it must be different in a good way with the tables turned :)

      Delete
  3. I *really* like the way you decorate.. love the vintage and natural and homey way you deck your halls. Thanks for the inspiration!

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I love bringing nature and a comfy cozy feeling into our home! Glad you popped by!

      Delete
  4. Your mantel is so pretty! I love your personalized things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey. It really does add a nice touch without being overbearing.

      Delete
  5. What wonderful ideas for gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks lovely.

    I love the magic of Christmas with everything just a little bit more festive around the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Carol! I keep it simple but try to add a bit of magic!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...