Prince Snow Farm

10.19.2015

Familiarity






I am such a creature of habit. And I like it that way. To me, FAMILIARITY is peaceful and inviting and soothes my soul. Pulling open the drapes and letting the morning sun ease in... baking in my warm, cozy kitchen…the smell of lavender detergent on freshly washed bed linens…the catbird chirping at me from the overgrown trellis beneath my bedroom window…these are all things that allow me to be me!

I love family traditions for the same reasons….they give me a feeling of contentment. Thanksgiving dinner at the house I grew up in…complete with the jellied cranberry sauce, and Mom's mashed potatoes. Christmas Eve at my in-laws with generosity and love spilling all around. Christmas Day here at home where our kids relax in their pajamas and family pops in at a casual pace.

I thoroughly enjoy Saturday morning chores and Sunday morning's slow start with warm muffins and CBS Sunday Morning. Perhaps it's the routine that I love,or the people or the places. Perhaps it's the feeling I get. Some would say "same old, same old" and equate that with BORING! I say quite the opposite. Familiarity allows me to breathe!

12 comments:

  1. These are good things! The best of life and worthy of such a positive post. And CBS Sunday Morning is something we look forward to all week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dewena! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. I find that I am centered and balanced when my routine starts with my cup of coffee and saying hello to the new day.
    Hope you are having a great fall.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Routines are wonderful! ( most of the time ;)

      Delete
  3. I love familiarity for the most part, but it's fun to have little spontaneous events too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I allow spontaneity as well!

      Delete
  4. Yes, there is a lot of comfort in the familiar things of life. Nice thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I guess comfort gives us peace.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful thoughts! I love little spontaneous events too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Familiarity can equal routine. Which also gets a 'bad rap.' ,-) But personally, I couldn't live without routine.

    So I completely understand your views.

    Hugs and magic,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...