Prince Snow Farm

10.10.2015

faith




I have prayed to God since I was a little girl. At bedtime I would clasp my hands together  and recite memorized prayers. This was my God talk. With age came inevitable changes, but God remained a constant. He became not just someone to pray to, but someone to talk to. When I was in my early teens, I started talking to God. Full out conversations. Ok, I was doing most of the talking. Well I guess I was doing ALL of the talking. But I truly never felt that way. Maybe when we have FAITH, true strong FAITH in a higher power or being, FAITH becomes about belief and hope. It becomes about late night conversations. I have begged and cried and pleaded. I have thanked and exalted. As my father lay passing to another world last December, I held tight to my God talk. I asked Him for guidance, wanting to hold onto this man who taught me the true meaning of FAITH, first with a firm guidance, and many years later with a gentle and pure connection. I wasn't ready to let go.....I fought it with my entire being. How could I separate my Earthly self from the person who taught me the call of the purple finch, who showed me how to plant a fruitful garden or to grow an elegant Iris? My FAITH guided me through that difficult  time. My nighttime prayer became more important than  ever. In private, wordless conversations God whispered guidance and held my hand. The FAITH I hold in my heart today is a wonderful swirling concoction of what was gifted to me as a daughter, what I have discovered on my own, and an ever maturing and evolving God talk. I am blessed.


See my other 31 Days Posts HERE.

3 comments:

  1. The scripture verse So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.(Romans 10:17)came to mind as I read this. Be Blessed, We are celebrating Thanksgiving this wknd. That picture should be on a canvas btw. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. I love that you found this verse and shared it. Happy Thanksgiving! ( I hope you are having lots of special treats). And thanks for the compliment on the pic,I will work on it!

      Delete
  2. I loved reading about your God journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...