9.05.2015

The Art of Blogging…A Revival


So…I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately. That sort of happens right before someone is going to turn 50. And I've had a few aha moments that shouldn't have been as profound as they were….but they were. So I accepted the strength of the message and I am running with it. Running to all of you…the bloggers and readers out there who are passionate about life and love and joy and grace. 



You see, I am addicted to a little thing called Instagram. Over the top in love. And I KNOW many of you are too:)  Stop ugh-ughing…you know who you are! It's a great "speed -blog" sort of feeling when you can take a fabulous or meaningful photo, attach a caption or a few words from the heart, and within 5 minutes, 100 people have "liked" (or loved) your photo. And many have left kind words…or supportive thoughts…or asked questions thinking you are an expert. (who me?)

HOWEVER…I am a writer. And I haven't been writing. And I am soooo ready to really start writing again. Once or twice a week…pieces that are spilling from my brain. Instagram has allowed me to really work on my photography. In fact, my photography now sits on equal ground with my writing. So now I want to combine the two and really share what I am passionate about…the beauty of nature….the magic of harvesting our own food and enjoying it across the seasons…flowers, flowers, flowers….decorating a home for a family to LIVE in….exploring and celebrating the farm coast of Massachusetts.

But most of all, I look forward to getting back to that sense of community that existed about five years ago. The blogging world was intense! (in a good way). Blogging is not a "has been". It's a here and now...

I have had many people respond to me on Instagram that they are ready too! 

So please visit the blogs/sites below and show your encouragement. And if you comment, we will be able to follow you as well!  (I have also included Instagram names to the right)

Let's start a revival! Let's support one another as we grow and learn and share.

xo  Monica @princesnowfarm

P.S. And if you are on Instagram,please share your Insta name.

www.heathersthompson.com/blog  @gatheringspriggs
www.pink-postcard.com  @pinkpostcard
brownsparrowstudio.blogspot.com      @brownsparrowstudio
www.parisiennefarmgirl.com  @parisiennefarmgirl
hellofarmhouse.com @hellofarmhouse
athomewithjemma.com  @jemmaolson
rootsnorthandsouth.com   @shelleyml
heretherebemusing.blogspot.com   @tessamusing37




30 comments:

  1. When a blogger I follow goes missing for a period of time, I always think Instagram, Facebook etc. I however, don't do any other media as I don't want to spend that much time on the computer. So, do remember you're followers in blogland as many of us don't follow other sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Donna! That's exactly why I did this post here and on Instagram,to get allow everyone to be included. The above commented on Instagram,and now everyone commenting here on my blog will also be able to get followed. Love my loyal followers!

      Delete
  2. I thought it was interesting, in light of your post, that my daughter-in-law sent me this article today.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/mommy-bloggers-money/402535/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the article, thanks for the link.I bet there are a lot of big name blogs who suffered this way.I have a few ads,however my blog has never been a money maker, nor is that my purpose. Although I wouldn't argue!

      Delete
  3. Monica, I am so glad you are doing this..I miss the sense of community too.. I don't even know where to begin..lol I have continued to post but not many people have been reading. I do hope blogging is making a comeback..but I do LOVE, LOVE Instagram....hehehehe
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping Mona that it will be a new time for bloggers!

      Delete
  4. I am addicted to looking at Instagram but don't post much. For the life of me, I'm not sure how people take such amazing pictures with their phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny….and some phones take gorgeous photos now.Not mine hee hee, it's old. I take a lot with my iPad, and with my regular camera. Then you just post from your photo stream.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure I would like Instagram if I tried it but I would miss the stories. That's what I love about blogging, learning all the stories of a blogger's life. So hurrah for any of you who decided to come back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE!! The stories…the friendships, the interaction, the sharing…fabulous!

      Delete
  6. The only social media i do is blogging. It was a choice i made years ago. I hope you are right that blogging is making a comeback... I've never once looked at Facebook or Twitter or Instagram... And i agree its the stories and more personal touch of blog that keeps me coming back. i like an eclectic blog... a little art... a little life.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you, eclectic rocks…and it is personal…that's what I love.

      Delete
  7. This makes me sad, because our blogs are comparable to a book. We have chapters of our lives that cover colds, crafts, fashion, recipes, gardens and we open ourselves up to the world. You know, we have just become to instant and I am at fault too. We all need to slow down and smell the rose, savor the written word, embrace the photograph and take time to connect. I say we do create a revival, count me in for as far as you want to take this project!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Jemma! We do need a revival…and so many people have responded here and on instagram that I think we are headed that way!

      Delete
  8. I do a bit of IG.. but I'm still on the fringes of it.. I still think blogging is the Full Meal Deal.. photos, writing and our real thoughts in more detail than the "sound byte" of IG. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it certainly is Teresa! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Love this post. And love your IG, because that is where I found you!

    And thank you for saying you appreciate the larger print, on my blog! I need larger myself. But never know how it "looks" to Dear Readers. Well, unless I ask now and then, but.... Thank you so much for telling me! I just increased it a bit, actually.

    heretherebemusing.blogspot.com
    @tessamusing37

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa…looking forward to diving into your blog.

      Delete
  10. Well, not that you don't know already that I love blogging, and that the quick fix is not for me. All of those sites miss context... it's easy and quick, yes, but again it depends on who you are and the reason WHY you do what you do.
    What I know is that I like seeing pics on IG, but only if they're are an extension of the person's life and ideas, I can have the opportunity to familiarize with... and the best place to do so is on a blog. Otherwise, I just open a magazine or a coffee table book and I don't even have to stress myself online...
    I am so glad you are doing this, thank you so much for including me. Let's start the revival!! Yay!!!
    Big hugs,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I adore your photos on Instagram, but your blogs make me truly feel there with you, and you treat your readers like they are so special, and that is such a comforting feeling. Glad you are on for the revival!

      Delete
  11. Never took photos till I starter the blog.
    It's also like a friendly chat in the morning to the world
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed visiting the blogs on your list.

    I'm not on Instagram, but I'm curious about it. I always thought it was mostly phone photos with artsy filters applied. Now I'm learning that's not necessarily the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Tracy! And your right,instagram is so much more.Quite honestly I don't even use the filters.

      Delete
  13. I'm not on Instagram. I have enough trouble staying on top of writing, photography, and blogging, especially as I've been traveling so much this year. Right now I'm trying to catch up on bloggers who have visited and commented on my blog in recent days. Then, hopefully, I can come back and check out your list of blogs. I do love the sense of community in the blogging world! Have a good one, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a sense of community,understanding,and people who are interested in the same things. Looking forward to gaining a momentum again.

      Delete
  14. Blogging really was at its peak about five years ago, wasn't it?!?!?! With a little effort, we can all work together to keep it going as well as the friendships we've made because of our shared passions.

    Thanks for the push and the inspiration! I can't wait to see what happens over the next few months as you take time to pour into this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love blogging, Instagram, Twitter, Google+...I love catching up with gorgeous people like you whenever and however I can!

    Best wishes and thanks for sharing your thoughts at the Sundays Down Under link up!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha,I enjoy visiting with you as del! Love your Sunday Link Up!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...