Prince Snow Farm

9.27.2015

Farewell to the Seasons that Breathe Life into Me

Farewell to the seasons I have grown to love...

As the nights have turned cooler, and the days have a briskness, porch steps have been adorned with pumpkins and garden gates have been festooned with twisted garlands of vibrant bittersweet…but that post isn't in this writer's heart quite yet...

April




May

…first I must properly say farewell to the months that breathe life back into me after cold, dark winters.

May

The months that have lent me anticipation...



May

…and family time….

May


...the days that have blessed me with blossoms from my dad's garden so soon after his passing...


May

…the dappled shadows, the intricate details…all offered to me as signs from above  that he is still guiding me in my passion for nature and photography.



June

A simple green lettuce, reseeded from last year's bounty unfurls in a monochromatic display that makes my heart sing….

July

soon to be followed by an explosion of color from Bush Morning Glory.

July

Tenderly sowed seeds offer beauty and hope...

July

…the details never ceasing to amaze me.

August

My surroundings offer me motivation, and a sense of peace



August

that I only find here.





August

Walking to the nearby estuary...




August

…or open ocean allows time to breathe in salty air and meditate on life and plan for the future...

August

All was not perfect this summer, as I worked day and night to clean out 17 years of clutter from our home...

August

…but nature stepped in with sparkling sunrises and blossoms fluttering on summer breezes...

August

…and I was profoundly motivated to complete tasks that had been left undone too long.




August
               

I am so thankful that I am offered peace and joy in such a magical way...




September

…for without it I would surely falter on this path I travel...

September

…and instead my eyes look to the Heavens with faith and gratitude...

September

{Farewell.}






19 comments:

  1. Love your words and lovely pictures saying farewell. Autumn will soon be here full of vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Cannot wait for the beautiful colors!

      Delete
  2. Summer is my favorite. I'm always a little sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...

    And lovely photos... Especially nice to see yourself...

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa…that was the night of my brother's wedding in Boston…and I don't often enjoy photos of myself….but this one was grainy enough to meet with my approval:)

      Delete
  4. Autumn must be a very special season for those of you who experience really harsh winters.

    Your garden and house look wonderful in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol. As much as I am having a hard time letting go of summer, I do love fall.It was 77 here today! I will take it.

      Delete
  5. I feel that sense of melancholy also. Seems winter stays so long and spring/summer is over so quickly. Beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much…so nice to have like minded friends!

      Delete
  6. Normally, I'm ready for Autumn, as I live in Atlanta and the summers can be quite brutal. However, this year, I am not ready. I loved my time at the pool this summer. It was well into the 90's with humidity making the heat index quite high most days, but being in the water I did not mind. This season though, will be just as wonderful, though with less exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that must have been wonderful. I have always wanted a pool, but I also love swimming in the ocean,so I will be content.

      Delete
  7. Yes, very nice to see a picture of you! Well, you know summer is my favorite season, no matter what the colors of fall! I will be up your way, in Boston for a wedding, in late October and hope to see some of those gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is perfect weather/foliage time here. You will only be about 50 minutes from here.

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...