7.23.2015

{Lost}

It's been a while. But I am here. Lost in a summer that wears many coats. I have decided to clean our home almost as if we were moving. Every nook and cranny…every messy drawer and closet. Every piece of paper, EVERYTHING. And it's taking a very long time.

Bee on Lavender

I have now been on vacation for about a month. And I see progress. But my goal is to be DONE by the end of July. So cheer me on please! I need people over my shoulder encouraging me! I can see the finish line! It will feel amazing to reclaim my chaotic home. 


Bush Morning Glory

 And don't worry! I have had time in the garden! Usually I head down early in the morning, or late in the afternoon. Or I take a little peek halfway through the day.


The flowers have all just burst on the scene and their color and shape and texture bring me such joy! I have gardened for 40 years, and still have goosebumps when I see blossoms open from seeds I sowed. 



Zinnia

Quite honestly, if I had time, I'd probably pack a lunch and stay the day :) 

Radish Gone to Flower

 But then I'd miss out on UNO marathons with a certain 11 year old (both of us exhausted and VERY punchy after a night of Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome…131 days…yes!)

Cosmos

 And I'd miss out on a certain 16 year old getting picked up for 
his driving lesson. 

Cicada Exoskeleton on the Underside of a Squash Leaf

 And goodness knows I'd miss out on a certain pug following every step I take…hopeful for a green bean.

Basket Nasturtium with Variegated Leaf


 So I am here…lost in the satisfaction of everyday life. Smile.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

  1. Oh Monica, to be young again. I would too have cleaned out every nook and cranny. I'm selling a house in a different city so I am going to start packing and tossing too if it doesn't kill me first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big job, and took all summer, but so worth it!!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...