Prince Snow Farm

4.25.2015

Yours, Mine, and Ours {daffodils}

 It has been a busy vacation week! New washer and dryer = catching up on LOTS of laundry…and actually enjoying it! I managed to squeak in an hour to plant my tomato seeds. Finally. They are tucked into a little greenhouse in our foyer. A cast iron radiator gives them warmth, while  south, east and west windows will bring them light when needed.



We have been busily trying to put the house back together again. Emptying the laundry room and adjoining bathroom closet for washer/dryer installation was a daunting task. Stuff. Lots of stuff. Too much! So I took that time to purge a bit . 



We also had just finished a remodel of our son's room. Forcing him to go through EVERY paper, nicknack, toy and book proved to be a challenge. But again, a welcome one. With the final product refreshing. 


 LOTS of raking and yard work took place in between all of the projects….



…the temps only getting into the low to mid 50's, but perfect for physical activity.


I snuck out very early on Friday to photograph a few of our daffodils. My fingers were numb as I attempted to style the daffys in the morning sunlight. My ever helpful picnic table sits near the treeline and stonewall, offering me a bit of shelter, and gorgeous dappled light. Ten minutes playing with these beauties made my day. Perhaps my week :)




But I am not the only one with daffodils. Nearby in Dartmouth there are thousands and thousands of daffodils . A short hike leads to gorgeous fields of yellow flowing through  a wooded grove.  William Parsons generously  donated this land and adjoining wooded trails to the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust (DNRT).





As the story goes, Parsons planted the daffodils to sell during wartime, when bulbs could not be imported from Holland. I am so glad he did this!


It is an inspiring hike and visit…..allowing introspection, admiration, and a true feeling of being at one with nature.



The trees are barely budding, as spring has come late to Massachusetts Farm Coast.






But this allows us to take in the shape and tone of each petal, the angles of the stems, without having to be distracted by the allure of fresh leaves or flowering branches. 

 

The beauty was endless.



Pure joy pushing strong from our Earth...




…and blessing us with grace,


…and family...




 and HOPE.

 




 Enjoy your weekend.

xo

Monica




13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, happy flowers and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your daffy photos and the one of your son taking a photo is great.

    I haven't said this directly to you, but I love #filledwithjoyfriday. Each Friday I love thinking about what fills me with joy and then looking for the right photo. As we walked along the beach yesterday I was thinking that I wanted to show something from our walks that brings me joy and then right in front of me was a family of ducks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! It really fills my heart that you love #filledwithjoyfriday. Sometimes I forget til that morning and then I am so excited to find joy!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing daffodil field! I love the shot of your family walking by.. great image. Our daffs are done and we're into rhododendrons! I'm back from New Orleans (pix on blog) and now at the beach in our trailer for my birthday. Life is an adventure! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love rhododendrons! Happy Birthday!

      Delete
  4. What a great spring you're having!!! I'm sorry that you had to do so much work just to get a new washer and dryer, but I know the purging always feels good once it's done! :) And I bet your son is glad to have his room all clean and refreshed too. There's just something about a good dose of spring cleaning!

    Those daffodils are lovely! Daffodils aren't my favorite, but that many of them all in one place really caught my eye. I love that your family trekked out there together. What a special day!

    Happy Saturday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! It has been a busy, but rewarding week. And I had to settle my mind by saying it's ok if it wasn't all finished. And yes, the wave of yellow was so alluring!

      Delete
  5. You know how I adore daffodils!! Here they are gone, and bluebells are under the spotlights now!
    That is an amazing place. Thanks for sharing. So glad that you took the time to relax with your family and soak up that Beauty together!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you have stopped by! Ah bluebells, something I have never grown! It was truly amazing, and so close by! We are blessed!

      Delete
  6. Lovely daffs! Ours are just starting to open in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are gorgeous! That really is an amazing spot!
    I just returned from a bike ride where I photographed the first few struggling daffodils of the year. It is a late spring here too. Today is the first day of the season I'm seeing eager, anxious farmers in the fields.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to get a new washer a year or two ago and there was massive turmoil; furniture redistribution....
    if only the existing one could have been fixed... looming in the distance: the day the refrigerator needs
    to be replaced.... da da dum....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...