Prince Snow Farm

3.07.2015

Friday Afternoon Walk

About 16 more inches of snow this week.
Everyone I know has had enough. It has put a damper on life.
But sometimes you need to reach beyond the thing that is dragging you down and look for SOME redeeming quality.

Taking a "walk" after school Friday was just what I needed. The sky was painted a brilliant blue, with snow-covered trees and a ground cover of about 3 feet.

I couldn't get far with snow over my knees, but I tried! What a strange feeling standing at the same height as my fence. It's like a modified version of the world we know. Everything feels closed in and smaller. I imagine when the snow melts our world is going to seem HUGE….and green :)

And just for the record, in my (almost) 50 years, I have never seen anything even close to this!

 Snow covering the stone wall.

A snow spray covered my lens.

Dripping lichens.

Dormant Maple.

Snow-capped Pine

Prince Snow Farm

A hidden garden

Hibiscus





4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful! I admire you for going for a walk out in that cold. I always want to but just can't take it!! Looking so forward to warmth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm glad you took the trek to get some photos of your snow! I love the ones with the long needle pine, they would make a nice xmas card! Here in Oregon we have the opposite weather, I'm about ready to go out and take a photo of my Quince blossoms! And The Star Magnolia is in full bloom and the lilacs are all budded out! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful! And thank you for bringing us along... those pics are dreamy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...