Prince Snow Farm

3.05.2015

Artist for a Day


When I was a little girl I would excitedly wait for Mrs. Cornell to come
into our classroom with a great big stack of white paper
and a basket full of paints.






I was am 8 year old girl filled with anxiety and joy.


Oh how I wanted to grab hold of that paint brush and
swipe it magically across the paper and see my own masterpiece.

A bird or a tree or a person. ANYTHING would do.




And  I tried. I really did. I drew and painted and imagined.
I persevered.
But what was in my mind and what lay on the paper never seemed to match.


As an adolescent and even as an adult, I still tried.
I waited for it to click.
But it didn’t.


And then one day I picked up a camera, and suddenly the pictures in my brain came to life..
The way I saw the dappled light in the woods, the way the flowers absorbed the sunlight, the way the ocean called my name.


I didn’t have to worry about being anxious. Photography became my paintbrush. And with it I was able to play with color and shadow and texture and  joy.


When I found the waterlogue app and converted several of my photographs to “watercolors”, I suddenly felt like the little girl sitting in that art class back in the early 1970’s.


For a moment. I could “paint”!!


It was pure magic. A gift from above….this app that made my photographs look like I imagined they would in paint!  The paintings I dreamed of making.


So now I play with my photographs and Waterlogue. I PRETEND to be a painter. I imagine dipping my brush in the watercolor tray and swiping the color across the paper. It makes me (and the little girl) smile. A big, big smile. Because I know that God  is telling me that I AM good enough. I AM blessed. I AM talented!


And that’s when it hits me. I AM an artist. The camera is my medium.




And I will paint the world!


Please visit a few of my  talented artist friends here:





The Coastal Photographer

(I have not received any compensation for this post. Just sharing an app and artists that bring me joy!)

15 comments:

  1. Oh you were an artist long before Waterlogue. Your photos and your gardens are art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey!!!! I need all of the encouragement I can get! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  2. You are an artist, gardener, mother extraordinaire and much more! All divine, but the squirrels and birds are utterly charming!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loi. Oh I do adore those little creatures! Thank you for the compliment! It truly allows me to chase my dreams!

      Delete
  3. Your photography is always wonderful and now Waterlogue takes them to a different dimensions.

    Keep capturing the beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The app is fun. I love the Stormy pic and house pic. I need to spend time playing around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Waterlogue and use it often. Even when I'm sitting in a waiting room, I make watercolors on my iPhone. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely effects you have made using the Waterlogue. app.
    But you are already an artist with the fabulous photos you take, and your lovely garden and flower arrangements. All a work of art.which doesn't come easy unless you have style which you certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your compositions are wonderful. Beautiful work! Perhaps someday they'll come out with an android version so I can try this app.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are indeed talented...I love those photos!!!
    I must try that out as well...thankyou...Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do think Waterlogue is my favorite app! Yes, the transformation is amazing. Loving these images Monica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are something, Monica!!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, what a beautiful surprise your mention was! Thank you!!! Now I have to teach you "real" watercolor ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Monica. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow.... I love the squirrels, birds and your dog! If you did not fess up they were an app, I would not have known at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was sure you hand painted every one of these photos. Please don't sell yourself short. You are an artist.....it doesn't matter which medium you choose as long as your are following your creative heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...