1.03.2015

Change

 First off, for my loyal readers, I apologize for my absence.
My dad passed away recently, and my time and mind and heart have been with my mom, and family, and trying to get through this difficult time.

 I think I am ready to come back now. My heart still aches, and the tears still sit so close to the surface. But I think he would have wanted me to get back to writing.


So as I talk about my word for 2015, "CHANGE", I suppose that he is the catalyst.


For I truly don't believe I am the same person I was 17 days ago.

 But somehow I will dig deep, and persevere.
 I will use my sorrow to look for the light...
 I will draw from a faith that was unending and pure...
 And when I long for a word of encouragement from this man who 
taught me a love of birds and flowers and nature...
 I will look to the heavens for his quiet nod of approval...
a wispy cloud, a hawk in flight, an ocean's breeze.
I will carry him in my heart forever....a bouquet of zinnias....tied up with a bow...from me....to him.

11 comments:

  1. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your dad will always be with you. My dad celebrated his 85 birthday in heaven on the 28th, he's been there for 27 years and we still miss him. My family talks about him all the time, he was a great guy. Like you, I'm entering 2015 with a broken heart. My godmother padded in July unexpectedly and we lost my 29 year old nephew/godson in September - that was unexpected also. I like what you said about the tears sitting on the surface, it's true, and most days they still roll out. Have the best New Year you can. My resolution is to laugh more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your photos are a beautiful memorial to his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear monica... god bless you and your family... you have an angel now, watching over all of you... he's still your dad and you will hear him when you need it most... please accept my condolences and love to you and yours... barks to stormy... hugs2u

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you are back writing and that your father is with you as you write.

    I wish you a lovely year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back....What a beautiful post. Hoping for blessings of a lovely new year ahead for your family.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica: I'm so sorry to hear that. You all have had a very trying holiday time this year. No apologies for not being here!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family.
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that. Love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sorry to hear this.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. Words really are inadequate at a time like this but know that many people are thinking of you.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...