11.25.2014

I am Thankful



Sometimes it takes shutting out the noise of life and truly searching inside ones' self  to see and truly understand what we are thankful for. First and foremost, my children, husband, parents, brothers, sisters, in-laws and other relatives are at the core of who I am. As are my friends. And I am thankful for them daily, unconditionally, and truly without having to utter a word.

But this Thanksgiving, I tried to look beyond the obvious. Life has been busy, and busy is good. But at times I would call it crazy busy. A crazy where I so crave peace, and calm. And jammies. So forcing myself to STOP and listen to my heart feels good, and right, and necessary.

This process has led me to realize  that I am more a creature of routine than I truly like to admit. (Especially because I long for spontaneity). And reflection on my routines shows me that much of what makes me who I am changes with the seasons. Which brings a tremendous smile to these chapped lips. 

In spring I am thankful for:

thawing earth 
crocuses 
clean flower beds
bright mornings
dreams
swings
walks
buds
rain
ANTICIPATION


In summer I am thankful for:

bare feet
vacation
writing
sleep
photography
gardens
the catbird
play
spontaneity
creativity
color
scent
time
open windows
FREEDOM


In fall I am thankful for:

fallen leaves
weekends
crisp air
Indian summer
employment
first frost
warm drinks
CHANGE


In winter I am thankful for:

planning
cardigans
boots
Christmas
reading
Eggnog (with spiced rum)
winter walks
sledding
introspection
HOPE



Happy Thanksgiving!














5 comments:

  1. Dear Monica,
    What a beautiful post for Thanksgiving... I love your thoughts for the seasons..
    Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I'm thankful for those things too. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes!! Indeed, Monica. Have a wonderful and warm Thanksgiving! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too...thank you for taking the time to share with us!
    I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thankful lists for the seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...