Prince Snow Farm

11.11.2014

Breathe In


On my way to work yesterday morning I was mesmerized by the light.
The sun was just peeking up, filling my world with an autumnal glow.
I just knew that I would get up early today, Veteran's Day, and photograph this beauty.




The moon was bright early this morning. Last night it sat oversized in our night sky, almost as if someone had hung a paper prop on an elementary school stage. Today it sat high and I squinted, not sure this was the same moon!



The sunflowers, long past blossom sat ravaged by the birds.
Their silhouette screamed out to me…."Patience!"


A late pumpkin perched atop our fence post, soaked in the same chilly dew that was filling my lungs. An air so pure I wanted to bottle it and greedily tuck it away just for me! I gulped in the misty air, letting it clear my mind and settle my soul.


The most amazing mushrooms dotted the hill. I waited for a gnome to peek over the top, but I suppose he was hiding. This brought me back to 3rd grade kite contests with homemade brown paper kites…etched with a child's pencil sketch of a critter peeking over a mushroom...



My goodness, the detail…..like the rim of a glass dipped in sugar crystals. An amazing adaptation.


This mushroom was wide and flat. It reminded me of a pie crust….


with perfect fork pressed edges!


The sunlight arrived in orange patches. Little glowing spotlights…first low on the wall, 



….then high in the tree tops.




I was fascinated with the way it danced on the leaves, but even more taken by the way it caused the stones to absorb the light…




The ferns have succumbed, laying at my feet, just as stunning now as when they first unfurled their lacy fronds.




Grasses and hydrangeas wear their autumn colors, fading daily into dormancy, awaiting a long sleep….




I was encircled by the glow, knowing this is EXACTLY what I had hoped it would be, 


sunshine and shadows, light and dark ,



And as I turned  before going back in the house I noticed this, the blanket of chilled dew encircling the garden area. 


A safety net... protecting me , and what I love.







7 comments:

  1. Amazing photos.....I felt like I was there experiencing it with you!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to go for a walk with you, lovely photos.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it was like being there! Nature, no matter the season is a constant WOW!! those mushroom shots were are so cool! Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, isn't it such a gift to have these moments to observe and report what we experience with language? The quiet of a late fall day/early winter morning is the perfect setting to slow down and live twice - experiencing it, telling about it.

    LOVELY PHOTOS and thank you dear one for coming to visit! I know many bloggers have been very busy, but it's always nice to see an old friend come by. ENJOY the holidays! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a way of describing what you see....a real gift...xx mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. You see beauty everywhere. Thank you for sharing your gift, Monica. I thought of you the other day when I visited my friend's garden full of happy zinnias. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you captured the morning light. The dew circling the garden area is amazing! Mother Nature has a way. xoxoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...