9.01.2014

Good Morning

Who knew the joy I would get from planting a few packs of Morning Glories.


I have always admired my dad's Morning Glories. I'm not sure why I have never taken the leap.



This year I went a little crazy.


 

I planted at least five packs.
And they twisted their way around the rustic fence.



They have blessed me with the most gorgeous blooms. Blooms that seem to have a sunbeam hidden deep  inside their opaque petals.


But the faded blossoms have me as intrigued as the full showy flower. The way they shrink inward in a perfect circle….like a popped balloon….


Nature is AMAZING!




My only complaint is that I have been missing the blooms on school days. 
This one is ready to put on a show. And although I will not be there to revel in its beauty….I will anxiously await Saturday morning and my newfound friend.

11 comments:

  1. Nature is amazing and so are your photos! thank-you for sharing. Happy September:) Our schools in Canada start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet! We started quite early this year, but with the nasty winters, that will help come June!

      Delete
  2. Like an old gardener told me one time after I had planted morning glories for the first time...You will never have to plant them again.. LOL They still make me smile and remember this...I planted moonvine many years ago when I had to work for a while so I could see them at night..They keep coming back every year too...Your pictures are always exquisite..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, are they self-sowing? Although here they may not be winter proof! Thanks for the compliment….hopefully my love of the garden shines through in my photos!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! I planted Morning Glories this year and got massive growth and lots of leaves.. and not ONE bloom. So far. Maybe they are late bloomers...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be patient! Mine only started blooming this week!

      Delete
  4. Your morning glory looks lovely and you have space for it.

    We don't have to plant morning glory - it comes over our fence from two different yards and in strangles so many of our plants. I love the look of Morning Glory, but we keep it trimmed on our side because we love our hibiscus, palm trees and yuccas, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that's crazy! Here we have to plant every year where we want them. Because my roses weren't tall enough for their trellises this year, I planted morning glory there to fill in the space. But they will not come back. Amazing how different climates support the same species in such a variety of ways!

      Delete
  5. They are so pretty indeed! I have been thinking of growing them! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were very easy Jen. My first time. I think I tried them once and didn't have luck so gave up. This time they went crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have now had five blooms, since I commented a few days ago. I guess I do have late bloomers!!! :) I'm hoping for 50 more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...