3.23.2014

Lemon Meltaways

Oh my goodness….where has March gone?
I have been busy cleaning and sorting, and taking down wallpaper….STILL!!!

Today I decided it was time to make something yummy.
It is simple, has few ingredients, and was easy to convert to gluten-free.

I used Pamela's flour blend in place of the flour….kept everything else the same.



No eggs….so lick that  batter bowl all you want1







The dough is thick and needs to be refrigerated for one hour.



As with most GF cookies, they were VERY fragile when warm, which is tricky, because you are supposed to dip in powdered sugar while warm. It just took caution and worked out fine.


I left a few without powdered sugar for the pickier 10 year old :)



Being on a diet is not fun when you have treats in the house.
I did have one. Ok, maybe two.



Enjoy!




15 comments:

  1. These look wonderful to me, a lover of lemon flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You literally made my mouth water! I enjoyed the photos of the process ~ very homey and loving! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me, I have some lemons and wanted to make something gluten free with them...so thank you!
    We found some gluten-free pasta at WAL-MART!! It is wonderful and it is from ITALY, can you believe it? It is called Heartland and we were happy to find it. Just thought I would let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those look amazing! I love lemon anything! I was worried about you, but didn't want to be nosy. Glad you are back! I've been thinking about you while out in my garden. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look divine.. I love meltaway cookies! I made them for xmas one time, peppermint meltaways. Oh yum. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these will always be my favorite, Monica! I've missed you! Welcome back...next week is my spring break, so I too will be cleaning a lot! Thanks for the recipe! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to bake because I am the one who wants to eat the sweets and I do.

    Those look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look deliciously light and fluffy, perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't made those cookies in ages, but this recipe and the fact that we have lemons in our backyard.....yep, gonna be making some of these yummies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky Carol! Lemons in your yard! That's a dream! Enjoy,they are so tasty!

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, I can just imagine these with a cup of coffee. Yummo!

    Thanks for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday today. Makes me happy to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me Stacey! So much fun! And these cookies are sooo good! Would be perfect with tea!

      Delete
  11. I love lemon dessert!! Your cookies look delicious!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They are one of my personal favorites!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...