Prince Snow Farm

1.01.2014

Reach into 2014

Last year was really the first year I picked a word that represented my "theme" for the year.
I chose "REACH". I knew my surgery the first week of January was going to be challenging. Honestly, it was my first surgery ever at age 47, and it had me petrified. I also knew I needed motivation for my photography, my writing, my gardening…..life in general. 



I did REACH in 2013.
In fact sometimes I thought I was standing on my tippy toes and my arm was stretched out as far as it could reach!




When I won a giveaway on Carol's blog, Art and Sand , she allowed me to pick any word I wanted on her hand-crafted pillow. I knew REACH was the word. I cannot tell you how many times I walked past this pillow, took a deep breath, and reminded myself to stretch my mind, my heart, my soul a bit further! (Thanks Carol).

When it came time to pick my word for 2014, I did not hesitate for a moment. I knew that REACH had to be my word again. It just had to be. Why? Because my job isn't done. I don't believe I have reached my limits. 

Do you pick a word that represents your "theme" for the year? Is there one word that can motivate you when you are feeling unmotivated or down?

Please share it in my comments section, or share a link with us!

And above all….Happy New Year 2014!


16 comments:

  1. I believe I have chosen mine. REMEMBER.

    And I believe we were born to reach - if we just stayed on level ground, we would get nowhere. I wish you continued success dearest Monica, and a blessed new year! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reach is such a great word. If you have Reach in mind all the time, it keeps you from letting everything stay the same. We all have to keep growing and learning. :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to come back and say again, your posts are just beautiful and absolutely poetic! I can learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning queen of the Prince Farm!

    It is so fun to see my European and East Coast readers come in to visit this lovely but COLD morning! May you find adventures new and old to spark your writing my friend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! REACH... I hope you REACH all you dreams this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this...what a wonderful word and wonderful goal. Wishing you all the best in 2014 and here's hoping your reach for the stars...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know mine. Reach for the stars, my friend. There is nothing stopping you.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for REACHing across the country and becoming a friend.

    May you REACH each of your goals in 2014.

    I am not choosing a word, but a phrase this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that word and the pillow.. lucky win for you! I'm just going to keep trying to eat healthier and swim.

    Have a great 2014! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. While you are reaching...I'll be simplifying. My mind, my house, my food, my purchases....everything that has to do with my life.I am thinking that simplifying will cause me less stress and give me a more peaceful attitude. Maybe it will help with relaxation and calmness....I need some of that.
    Happy New Year...may we all meet or do our best to meet our goals.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reach for the Stars is our school motto. My word is Joy. Love your pillow. I want to make visuals at home and work. Creative juices are flowing. Thank you Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and your family! I'm going to have to give some thought to that motivating word but the first that comes to mind is family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been checking in with your blog from time to time ... nice stuff you have here ... and thought I'd finally leave a comment. My word for the year, for various reasons, is Renascence. I like the idea, choosing a word, and I hope your year is everything you hope for. Happy 2014 to you and your family!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog! Happy New Year! I like your word "reach" I think mine is going to be "difference" for 2014!

    Hope you get your snow day! We got 2! Of course I'll be whining in June! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Monica, how I love that you have a theme for each year! Mine might be "simplicity". Thank you for making me think about that. What a fantastic idea! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Monica!!!!

    My word is "BETTER." I want to eat, talk, look after my diabetes, exercise and get organized....BETTER!!!!!!!

    I hope I can do it. You see after having(so far) 18 surgeries, I run out of energy and get discouraged very quickly, but, this year I want to do BETTER!!!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...