Prince Snow Farm

1.29.2014

Pillsbury Gluten Free Cookie Dough Review


Having a 10 year old with Celiac Disease prompts you to do a LOT of gluten free cooking / preparing / and baking. So C and I decided that because we are constantly preparing gluten free food or trying new products, it would make sense to review an item once a week. Sometimes it may be ready made, like this dough….it may be a snack product, a pasta, a bread, or it may be a recipe I have converted to GF or a baked good from scratch using an alternative flour.  C and I want to help those new to the GF world, just like others helped us 3 years ago.


Last night C requested the Pillsbury Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The dough comes in a tub and is found in the refrigerated section, near the cheeses and other cookie dough. The tub was 4.99 and made about 30 small cookies. (We found it at Stop and Shop and Market Basket)


We made the full tub, which filled 2 cookie sheets. (we line with parchment paper). But the handy thing is that you really can make a few at a time while dinner is in, and save the rest in the fridge.



C gives the Pillsbury GF cookies a 10 out of 10 for flavor.

Mom gives them a 10 out of 10 for convenience.




I say pick up a tub and a box of parchment, and leave at grandma's house!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Nice to see so many more gluten free products arriving on store shelves. And, that they are actually good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Michelle! Now if we can get the silly costs down….we will be golden!

      Delete
  2. With celiac disease do you have to worry about artificial ingredients? Those cookies sure look might tasty though... I wonder...
    Hugs and thanks bunches for sharing,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beth, we do. We have to read things very carefully. We really only have to look for gluten….easier said than done: wheat, rye, barley, or oats in any form….this could be artificial flavorings etc….We are pretty picky. These cookies re a treat….but typically we cook from scratch. Luckily we had trained kids who read ingredients from the time they were babes….we only eat organic fruits and veggies….usually only natural meats…sometimes we need to let her have her way! Hugs back to you!

      Delete
  3. The tub of cookie dough does look quick and easy and I've always wondered what gluten free baked goods would look, and taste like. From here they look the same as what I'd bake for a regular cookie and certainly look tasty.
    For the longest time our grocery store only had a small section of frozen bread etc.that didn't look too appealing. Now, they have an aisle with cookies, mixes, flour...all kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were tasty….much like that famous roll of cookie dough ;) They were very handy at the end of a long work day when my sweetie wanted a little sweet treat. So glad you popped back in!

      Delete
  4. I need to try the dough for my son. He loves cookies, but not how he feels after he eats them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 GF friends, I will pass this along! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh boy....this is good news....sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review. I have been eyeing this and really was unsure but now it will be a yes! Love this idea of reviewing once a week.
    I have tried the Barilla Gluten-Free pasta and it got a thumbs up from everyone in the house for the taste and texture.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect thing for a chilly afternoon after school! Oh these look good! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to see the review. Sometimes you just don't know what is good out there. I will give these a try. Thanks for telling us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the review. I had read about this product in my new favorite magazine-Living Without-but keep forgetting to look for it when I am at the store. I have had to bake and cook gluten free for me for 15 years now-but in the last few years there is so much more information available as well as good blogs and products that were not around years ago.
    I have been thinking of having a gluten free day once a week as during the GYB party I have several new readers now that are gluten free. If you would like to host or co host a gluten free day each week-let me know Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know, my sister is having gluten problems & I'll let her know about this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After reading this I looked around my Stop and Shop (Im from MA too) but couldn't find it. Today I found it at Shaws, they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...