12.07.2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

A little more….


It's amazing how we collect things over the years….


….I have been a collector (or a pack rat as my mom used to call me)…since I was small...


I have always been drawn to things that are aesthetically pleasing….


….whether it's a sparkle


..or a history...



…or a bit of nature….


…whether it's something that makes me think of Christmases long ago….


…or lends me a sentiment that causes me to stop, and process, and slow down...


…It's always the meaning behind things that means more than the actual item.
I've never been one to have "stuff" just because ….


…instead I want to admire, and remember, and relish….


This crate was in our little barn…left by the previous owner. It is gorgeous. The angel is part of a collection I started back in 2000. I have 4 by this maker…who it is I am unsure….I was never able to find any more.



I picked up the vintage book of music at a library book sale.


And this golden angel. She is a favorite. When I was a child she graced the treetop. She had been my grandmother's. Then, many years later my parents cleaned out old decorations, and not realizing my connection to this sweet face, they sent her packing….luckily, I popped in before trash day and rescued her. She was headless…happens to the best of us. A bit of glue and she is perfect once again. 


I love this little rustic frame. It's from Hope Homemade. I drive my husband crazy when I am humming and singing early in the morning. But who can walk by this and not sing?




I hope today to make a few wreaths and swags. 


I hope to clean up the house and finish decorating.


And then tomorrow, I hope to get the tree!
That's a lot of hope!


Keep sparkling!

11 comments:

  1. I love all your heartfelt decorations. I have friends who just go out and buy Christmas decorations and gifts with little thought, and it shows. Your home shows so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Monica! "Then sings my soul!" ~ How I love that song, and it is instantly stuck in my head. Keep singing and creating. Just looking at your images brings me joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so desiring of some Putz houses! I love how natural all your stuff looks. I invite you over to my blog to see some of my decorations. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Monica dear....

    Like YOU, I enjoy keeping things of sentimental value, and not just to keep STUFF. I keep my décor to a certain minimum but with a purpose. I have a little cheap, plastic dolly that my mother gave me the morning she died. She had crocheted a little vest and cap for it, and to this day, I weep when I hold it.

    Christmas this year is fun for me, in that I feel so much closer to nature. I am not a country dweller, but my soul lives in the trees and air, the gardens teeming with unusual life. I think a Christmas filled with fragrant pines and images of animals is the Christmas for me this year, and I'm loving it. But angels? Always....always with me, with you.

    Have a super Sunday! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s interesting how the seemingly little things of our youth become the great things of our lives as we get older. Each a good memory.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Angel's are soooo beautiful...I love them and I love the Nativity . You are like me. We collect and cherish our special pieces. Did I tell you that I also love the little houses. I've always wanted to collect them, but I collect a different type houses.
    Please drop by. We have a special Christmas post. I know you will enjoy.
    Merry Christmas,
    Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're all set for Christmas! Decorations twinkling and elves a plenty to help with any last minute projects to complete! :D Thanks for sharing all your pretties with us...
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica, I love how your decor is so much heart and soul! Just heartwarming! I wish I could see your home in person! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...