11.22.2013

The Week

It's been a busy week.
I think I've been saying that a lot lately!



I have tried to squeeze crafting time in every day, even if it was right before bed.
After all, it's that time of the year!

I am once again crafting my lavender filled bags….I have enough lavender to fill a few dozen with bath teas, sachets, and dryer fresheners. I'll do my best to list this weekend on Etsy. If interested, just shoot me a note and I will reserve for you!

Please forgive a combination of Instagram and phone photos. That's what time has permitted.
Many of you have sent prayers for my husband who has returned to the hospital for a third time. He had ANOTHER stent put in today. We are hoping that this now solves all of his problems. Poor guy….it has been a stressful few weeks to say the least. Thanks for the kind words! 2013 has been a bizarre health year. My hysterectomy and recover during January and February. Stormy's illness this summer, and now K. I am confident 2014 will bring us health and happiness!


I brought this geranium to my classroom. It was almost dead outside, as we had had 20's and 30's. It is now thriving on my classroom windowsill. I love to bring what I can to school and then take it back home the following spring.


Last night I ran home from the grocery store, changed quickly for my son's golf banquet, and then ran outside to gather an armful of twigs. I have had it on my mind that I wanted to make twig stars.
I am glad I took 3 minutes to gather them last night. It is raining today and the wet twigs would have been messy, and wouldn't have taken the hot glue.  They are so much fun to make.  I made a few that I wasn't so happy with, then I drew a big star on a piece of parchment, and laid out the sticks. Success!! Fun, free, rustic….my favorite!


I was also sorting through some old china….to keep or to list…hmmmmmm.


And I stamped a bunch of cotton ribbons…
Use them as garlands, wrap up brown paper packages, tie around a bottle of wine….so many options….



I love the cobalt against the barn red….wish I could keep it outside!!






Peace.



10 comments:

  1. Goodness.. sorry your husband had to go back in for another stent! I hope he's all better soon. It was a fun peek into your home with the twig star hanging on the mirror. I also want to bring one of my geraniums in the house for the winter and see if it blooms. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Monica,
    I am sorry to hear that your husband is having another round of hospital visits. AGA's father is in the same boat although new pain killers are helping him.
    I like the idea of making lavender bags. Home made ones are better than shop bought.
    I hope that this weekend provides a welcome relief to the stresses of this week.
    Bye for now,
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning precious Monica!

    My dear, I am praying for your husband! Prior to this event, did he have these sort of issues? This has to be so stressful for you all; I'd be a wreck. Bless this man! WOW, what a teaching week. I had more conferences this week that led into the night (8:00) and all those hours just exhausted me. Teaching teens is fun but it comes with its challenges! Are you off for Thanksgiving next week? I have one more round of conference time to put in then two meetings but this weekend, I will have my mind and hands on Christmas crafting too!

    ENJOY YOURSELF! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything will be okay with your husband. Positive thoughts being sent your way.

    I really enjoyed this post. Your passion for crafting is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this latest treatment is what will work for your husband. Your family has had its share of healtht issues in 2013.

    Do you have all of next week off from school? Many of the districts in our area have the entire week of Thanksgiving off. So many families take off to visit family that it became a cost issue in loss of ADA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and yours will have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Family and good health - it is all there is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Monica,
    I am so sorry your husband had to go back into the hospital... I will say a prayer for him.. Yes, you have had more than your share of health issues this year in your family... I hope the new year will breath good health into you all.
    I just love your lavender bags...
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of those twig stars, hmmm, snow is in the forecast so perhaps I should get out there and collect them today. I'm sorry it's been a while since I left you a comment but you know I still read your posts and always feel so much lighter after visiting! I love that your rescued the geranium, funny, I had one in the garden this year that was the same color... alas, the cold killed it. I hope everyone is feeling better and that indeed 2014 be a happier, healthier and more creative year for us all.
    Hugs my sweet blogging sister and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been in my thoughts since I saw your IG stars. I hope they are a symbol of a shining season of Thanksgiving for your family. Love the star inspiration and I may " copy!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Monica, I didn't know you had a hysterectomy at the beginning of this year! So sorry, but so glad you are feeling better! :) Love all of your crafts! I will be ordering some dried lavender from you in December. I can't wait to craft with it! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...