Prince Snow Farm

11.28.2013

Thankful


I am thankful that we had Thanksgiving dinner 
with family and friends at my parent's house.



It was a beautiful day.
(and yes…..I got to sit at the kids table).

I am Thankful for:

the purple finch's distinct call
leftover buttercream frosting
a thin line of purple in an icy sunset
damp soil and emerging seedlings
twisty rustic fences
snuggly scarves in a chilly classroom
roast chicken stuffed with sage and rosemary
a camera around my neck
blogging friendships
helpful neighbors
dandelions to make salve
the catbird's summer visit
a joyful garden
childhood memories
puppy snuggles
gluten free flour
pizza….pizza….pizza
books that enthrall
music that makes me laugh and cry
buckets of zinnias
Instagram friendships
the ability to teach
mussels and linguica in white wine over garlic toast
my parents
my brothers and sisters
my inlaws
a husband on his way to good health
the cuddliest, kindest kids ever

Happy Thanksgiving.


10 comments:

  1. Hello there. I follow you and have never commented....yet!
    But today I do. Love this, so beautiful and heart felt.
    Happy Thanksgiving from a 'secret admirer:)'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do all have so much to be thankful for. And sometimes we just have to write it down to remind ourselves. Nicely done. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great list. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tday post.. we had a great one too.. pop over and see my new turkey plates!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you and yours this Thanksgiving evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all of the above my dear. And I pray your husband's health continues to improve and that he be strong! Love your list.....Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish everyone appreciated the little things. Maybe our world would be a better place.

    We haven't been in a crowd for Thanksgiving for years, but I laughed when I read that you sat at the kids' table. I loved the kids' table when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! I've been off the blogs most of this month. I didn't realize your husband had been in poor health. I hope he's on the mend after this last procedure. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    Also, a Happy Belated Birthday to "C" it looks like she had a good day. What a lovely young lady. She is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, I am so thankful for you. You have a heart of gold. Truly. xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...