11.12.2013

My Lucky Day

I knew that I had something published in the newest issue of Hearth Magazine; however, I had no idea what photo was used, or the layout...or the release date....


My husband and kids knew how anxious I was for the issue to arrive.
They were home before me today, and hid a very special piece of mail under my Etsy orders.

Imagine my joy when I saw it was Hearth!
I screeched a bit.
I ran in circles.

I held it tight and grabbed my camera.
Something as beautifully packaged as this deserved a photo session.



I mean, look at this glorious seal. I so desperately wanted to see the magazine....but I was enjoying the wrapping! It meant so much to me that my FIRST published, (in print form), essay and photo were wrapped up like a gift. This wrapping alone symbolized what I have been working towards....the rustic beauty....the old-fashioned goodness. The folks at Hearth have such  amazing insight ....the paper is amazing...the photos are beyond anything I have seen, and the words are inspirational. You want to tuck it neatly in a pocket, and carry it with you wherever you go....then magically unfold it to enjoy its rays of light when you need a smile or a friend or a nudge to get creative.


Quite honestly, I will treat this issue like I would a special coffee table book. It should be seen, and read, and re-read. 



Yipppeeeeeee!!!




And then, to top off this already special day, it snowed.


Just enough to create magic.


And I walked around our property smiling....


....loving the little tufts of snow sitting upon the leaves and blossoms....


...little sparkly hats and blankets....


Mother Nature ushering in the next season with gentle force....


determination....


art.....


with a so long but not a good-bye....



A new season's palette....



a blur of shimmer and deep greens and textures....


It was beautiful.


And my favorite part....the roads were clear, so I didn't have to slip and slide 
my way to and from work...or the grocery store...or the post office....



It was a great day.


It was my lucky day.

11.12.2013





38 comments:

  1. Congrats on the publication! I haven't heard of Hearth, but I'm headed to check it out now.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! It's a beautiful book....filled with gorgeous images and writers I am privileged to keep company with.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the sweet blog post. Your essay was wonderful and we are so glad you were in our second volume.

    xo
    Tonya and Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls....I love what you stand for!

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! I haven't heard of this magazine before, but I will most definitely be checking it out. And this whole post, lovely, lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! It's definitely something you would enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Monica!!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It's a very exciting time for me!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! what a gem of a magazine. and oh, I love your description of a first snowfall 'just enough to create a little magic'! Your pictures are so, so beautiful and the entire post a treat as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! You deserve to be in a magazine. There are just some really talented people in blogland and you are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey! You make me smile including me with the others!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos, and a big congratulations!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your debut! Lovely snow photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Yes, the first snow is a special one!

      Delete
  9. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on being published! Gorgeous snow pix, too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I am a bit giddy this week!

      Delete
  10. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

    Your words . . . your pictures . . . your beautiful yard . . . your enthusiasm and love for writing . . . precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news! I'll have to go and find that magazine! Do I smell a novel in your future, then maybe a Pulitzer! Good Luck!!!

    Love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes check it out....I know you will love it! I would love to pen a novel...trying to squeeze in writing time.

      Delete
  12. Oh Monica! I am so very excited for you! My throat got choked up as I read how you described your excitement! I would have jumped up and down right there with you, ran in circles with you and hugged you like crazy! xoxoxoxo I am so happy! Reading your words is like looking at painting. You bring inspiration and beauty to me. Thank you for that! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jen! I know you would have shared my joy in person as well! I am awkwardly proud that I bring others inspiration.

      Delete
  13. Just beautiful my dear. The dusting is enough to make us hope and wonder and hope. Have a fabulous day. Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita...I am not ready for another blizzard!

      Delete
  14. Oh how wonderful! I'm so very happy for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I'm not familiar with Hearth but now I am excited to find it and read your article. Your photos are fabulous per usual. I love the little flower with the snow clinging to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! it's a unique, special magazine....just what is needed these days! I love the snow on the little flowers too....thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  16. How awesome that you've been published! I've had that thrill a number of times now (just images, no writing) and it never loses it's squeal with delight power! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madge! How lucky for you to get published for your beautiful photos! You need to give me some advice!

      Delete
  17. Oh, congratulations: I know how special the first few printed pieces can be.
    And your home looks absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline…you also gave me a special opportunity online!

      Delete
  18. Congratulations! I think it is so very cool being "published". I'd be framing your piece with the wax seal. That small seal is such a nice touch to an awesome accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thant's a great idea! I have been thinking about crafting an ornament out of the waxed seal…but framing sounds wonderful!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...