10.14.2013

Thanks Columbus

Thankful for this bonus day.



It's always a treat when there's a third day to the weekend.
We got soooo much done yesterday. Garage cleaned, laundry done,
fall curtains hung in the kitchen, house vacuumed.


I stayed AWAY from the computer yesterday....trying to accomplish
 things that have needed to be done.



This morning I headed down to the garden to pick our two pumpkins, but they were not quite ready.
So I grabbed a few photos of the lingering zinnias (lavender, what a treat), and buckets of blue sky!


The apple tree has a few apples left for the deer.


The shadows are amazing in autumn.


And I did a quick fall arrangement on the mantel, by bringing the outside in!

Enjoy the break if you are off today.

14 comments:

  1. California schools no longer have Columbus Day as a holiday.

    I am glad you got an extra day to enjoy your home and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm retired, so every day is a day off.. :-) I'm glad you got to enjoy your gorgeous blue sky day.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you gloating Teresa you lucky one!!!!!! So glad for you...I may be able to do the same sometime this century!

      Delete
  3. These simple joys are what I want to notice, ALWAYS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like, and looks like, your holiday weekend was well spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elizabeth....got a lot done....felt good!

      Delete
  5. Dear Monica,
    I am with Anita - simple pleasures are best (including a long weekend). Our days are getting shorter, colder, and grayer... I would love a blue sky day!
    I like that golden yellow dahlia.
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had amazing temps in the 60's F here Kirk....sort of odd but very pleasant! I have still been wearing walking shorts to school! Thanks on the dahlia....I will need to dig up very soon to protect from the cold!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing more beautiful photos of your life. The zinnias still look lovely. Your mantel looks wonderful with the hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Kathy!! Those zinnias just won't quit! No complaints here!

      Delete
  7. Save your zinnia seeds. I always replant them. So glad to hear Stormy is playful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need help with this! Last year I dried one flower head from each of my favorites...painstakenly saved seeds, labeled and saved....not sure if my bad luck was due to a rainy spring or poor seed saving!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...