Prince Snow Farm

10.10.2013

Finale

Well, I knew the time would come...


...when Mother Nature said it was time for a rest...



....and I do believe I have begged and borrowed more than my share...


I have danced across the lush green (clover-filled) lawn....


I have watched the fennel go from growth to seed...


I have walked this walk daily since spring,
down the hill to the garden...


I am still awestruck by the delicacy of the pollinators as they perform one of the most necessary tasks on Earth...a few cling, (like me), to the last shadow of the season....


I have enjoyed the purposefully placed visions of beauty...



....as well as those scattered about by fate and change....


I have watched the yellow grasses of winter turn to spring's green carpet...and now I watch it slowly changing back again...the wheel of the seasons spinning slowly but with certainty...


....a cycle which we fight, yet crave simultaneously.


And so I prepare for new beginnings as I say so long to old friends.


A garden brings with it a joy that is indescribable until experienced.



It never grows tiresome or repetitive....


I sit on the edge of my seat, poised, 

ready for the final act....

...not wanting it to end....


Yet ready for the curtain to fall.

______________

Columbus Day Weekend: The Big Clean-Up!

______________________________







19 comments:

  1. The colors in your zinnias are eye popping! I need to plant some of those next Spring! Your garden is amazing and I love your house too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. I picked a lavender one today that is my favorite of all time!

      Delete
  2. Your garden area is so beautiful! Winter is always a nice down time for my family, so I enjoy it for that reason. However, I always miss the colors of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could get such vivid colors in my photos! Yes, nature has a show to put on for us, and each act is lush with surprises. LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find late afternoon captures the true essence!

      Delete
  4. Not only a lovely array of colours in your garden you have a wonderful way with words which is truly shown for the love of your garden. After picking the last of the flowers & vegetables, you are now putting it to sleep to regenerate for next year, when spring comes again. Lovely pictures.so enjoyable to see.Pop over & have a peep at my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be wonderful! How long does it stay warm there? Is it year round, or do you have a bit of cool weather?

      Delete
  6. I am never ready for my garden to go to sleep. I miss it all winter long. I also hate the big clean up. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had hoped to clean the garden this weekend, but I cleaned inside instead!

      Delete
  7. Absolutely wonderful photos. I love the wind down and transition from Summer into Autumn. Time to get planting up your spring bulbs and plan for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is a magical time of year!

      Delete
  8. It was a beautiful and bountiful season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Sara, it was....in many ways! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps I have a short attention span, but I really welcome the change of each season. Of course, it helps greatly that I live in California, where the 'nasty' seasons are a little shorter than the 'nice' ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pauline, change is good....just a bit hard to ease into at times!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...