Prince Snow Farm

7.14.2013

Getaway

 I have been digging through
closets and under couches....not fun.
But necessary.
I am SO tired of living in chaos.
I have been given the gift of a summer at home.
I can do this!
But it does become a little overwhelming.


So that's when I head on a getaway.
A local getaway that is.
I grab the camera and take a walk.
A walk to the garden.
The cat bird ALWAYS follows me.
A little gray friend with a cry like a baby.
What's not to love?


There's a robin that
always keeps me company in the garden too.
She lands on the posts...perhaps thinking this natural fence is a cozy
refuge from her crazy nest.
We have common ground.


What do you think of my onions?
Don't laugh. They are not blades of grass!
I planted these onions inside....30 or so...from little tiny seeds when
there was still snow on the ground.
I will be happy with fall onions.
So very happy.



There is growth...slow but it's there!
Beans and corn....little tomatoes...slow cucumbers.
The zinnias in the foreground are growing like crazy!
Planting zinnias from seed is an easy, effortless way
to add color to the garden.


The herbs are bursting...
cilantro, bronze fennel, oregano, basil,
parsley, sage, tarragon.....
I will be doing a post on using them in flower arranging....stay tuned.



 This phlox looks soooo pretty against the fence.


Cute baby cat bird.


The lavender is looking windswept after
being covered in snow for most of the winter.
It's still pickable!
Tomorrow we are promised sun after a week of rain.
I will pick all I can.


Ripening raspberries make me (and the birds) happy.


Garlic....hanging to dry. 
Cute little cloves.
A snowy winter and TOO wet spring
just didn't allow for large garlic head formation.
But that's ok. It will still be flavorful!

 

This hydrangea blossom
is a foot across....


Balloon flowers contrast so nicely with the 
green foliage.


This echinacea (purple coneflower)
came back tall and strong.


Couldn't leave this out.
C has been reading on the porch.
What a cozy, peaceful place!
Good job C.


And please keep our pup in your thoughts and prayers.
She has been suffering and we are not sure what is wrong.
She spent last night at the emergency vet 30 minutes away.
She is the sweetest dog.




Happy Sunday.


11 comments:

  1. You have the most beautiful garden! Your veggies, herbs and flowers are all doing so well! I love zinnias, too. My grandfather's backyard was filled with them! Beautiful picture of your daughter and I will definitely keep your pup in my prayers. They are like our children, we always worry about them.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better way to get your thoughts and energy than talking your camera and going for a walk. A great way to capture the beauty that surrounds you.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...poor little pug! I hope you find out soon what is wrong and let us know! It's never easy seeing a beloved pet suffer!

    I JUST LOVED this stroll with you my dear in your gorgeous garden! And it's a great place to escape when you are feeling stressed. I believe that gardens are meant to be peaceful places and to enjoy the company of birds and other gentle and sometimes humorous creatures! I LOVE ROBINS. We had three of them in the last three years build nests in our gardens and boy let me tell ya, they are aggressive when they are protecting their nests! But they are a joy to watch and now we have this little gray type of bird that I can't identify; he comes and sings every morning on the tip of the roof, swoops down on my husband when he's trying to prune the vines and then comes to romp around in the trees. FUN, FUN, FUN.

    Love all your plantings! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, my weenies are my world. I hope they find out what is wrong with your dog. Your soil looks so perfect as does your garden. And, with your feathered friends, well, a little slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that adorable little fur kid gets better! I enjoyed your walk through your fabulous garden.. what is better than growing things and birdsong? We had a huge flock of Starlings visit yesterday and they all took a bath in our little creek/pond! It's perfect weather here.. hope it is there, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry your pup is not well.. I will keep you all iny thoughts and wish for a speedy recovery.

    Your garden is beautiful and I'm sure you will soon see the results of your hard work. Wonderful photos and the sweet bird .. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All morning I have been looking at my favorite blogs and everyone is showing their beautiful gardens. I want to work in the garden today, but first I have a game of tennis planned. I will not spend my day in the house cleaning - although I should.

    I hope your little cute is better. He definitely looks a little down right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely garden, birds and young reader! I hope your pup recovers soon. Be sure to get a Lyme Disease test.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A summer vacation at home, tackling what needs to get done and taking time for walks and reading sounds like bliss :)
    Keeping my fingers crossed for your pup xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely blog you have here:) Do you have bloglovin to follow with??

    Check out my blog...If you want some cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

    Have a grea weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your little guy, I hope he gets better soon. You've got a beautiful blog, so glad you left a comment so I could meet you.
    Leslie aka Gwen Moss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...