6.16.2013

Sweet

 I wish I could describe to you
the sweet aroma today's breeze off the
ocean (a couple of miles away)
 is carrying in through
the open windows.
Wild White Roses  Variety?

It is the kind of scent
that fills your nostrils, makes you breathe
deeper...


...lets you dream
that you are a perfume maker in Paris and that
your special "Wild White Rose" parfum is
being bottled....


...back to reality....
as I spiral back up the rabbit hole....

Baby Spiders as Moving Art

We have had rain this week...oh maybe 10 inches give or take....

A Summer Collection

I have tried to recover some of the baby plants in the veggie garden...

Hydrangea

not really sure how things will end up.
I'll take some pictures as the week progresses.

Moved the bird bath out of the lush ferns!

For today, I just did a bit of wandering, reveling in a couple
of days of sunshine.

New vines....Virginia Creeper???

Don't mind the crazy overgrown
vines and brush...

Lush overgrowth...the birds love this.

...there is far more of it than you know...



...but 2 people can't keep up with all of this craziness....
Once school ends we will have more time to dedicate to trimming and tending...

Wild Beach Roses

For now I am admiring and planning...

Wild Ferns

....taking in Mother Nature's gifts


...looking forward to color and
new life....

White Hibiscus

......and warm summer nights....


....and maybe even a little
reading and dreaming on the
sleeping porch.

*and for those of you that responded about the Irises...I will 
contact within the next day and thank you so much!



8 comments:

  1. 'reading and dreaming on the sleeping porch.' Add a cup of tea and I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dreamy post. I could almost smell the ocean. My woods is so overgrown with lush vegetation this year....so I know what you are talking about. We two can't keep up with it.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely images of mother nature at her best. Our DIL found a lovely lavender calendula growing out of our gravel driveway near our barn behind a pile of lumber, it's a mystery where it came from! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your property is gorgeous
    and I love how you revel in
    all of the tiny gifts that nature
    provides, each season. How
    wonderful to smell the ocean
    so close by! My daughter will
    be 15 miles from the Pacific
    when she is in college, so I am
    hoping to see more of the ocean
    in the next four years : )

    Happy, happy, summer's day!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shot of the baby spiders is amazing! I never would have thought that little bugs could look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful: if blogs could host smells, yours would be one of the most fragrant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely post.
    I would love to have some White Rose perfume. Would that not smell heavenly?
    it has been rainy down here too,and Hot and humid. My poor peacocks are so hot. I feel so bad for them. I still find the beauty in everything though. We are so laid back and its a good time to dream, read a book, just to enjoy.
    Take care,
    XXOO Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...