5.27.2013

Remember

We headed to my parents today for
the annual Memorial Day Parade.

My parents recently had their front porch rebuilt.
It was perfect for a gathering of family 
and friends...and it is right on the parade route!


My dad flies his flag daily....but today it seemed especially
vibrant as it billowed in the breeze...


We ate bagels and drank coffee....and
chatted with friends (and students) as they passed...



The kids played catch while we waited for the parade to come by...






I had to take this one of my daughter on the back stairs...

and had to include one of me and my brother 
40 years ago or so on the same stairs....





This is Aurore's beautiful barn.
Some of you may remember my story about her here.


She inspired me 
through her beautiful gardens.


She let us keep our bunnies in this old chicken coop...


and let us play in this field.
Please keep her in your thoughts today...
 as she isn't feeling well.



This was the site of many
a baseball game...or hide-n'seek...
or tag...


Not easy to get this guy to stop and pose these days!



A day filled with family and friends...memories
 of those who have given their lives for us...memories of grandparents we have lost...
friends gone too early...

...a day to reflect

to reminisce...

to remember.



20 comments:

  1. Beautiful day. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfectly American day.. what a nice house your parents have.. and you grew up there? Lucky! I did a MD post too.. a good day to stop and give thanks and remember. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post. :)

    Today I posted a tour of a blogging friend's home. I'd love for you to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to spend a holiday. Our town doesn't do much for Memorial Day, but we love the Push 'em Pull 'em Parade on July 4th.

    I love the memories you have of your parent's home and oh, that porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Sounds interesting :) I may want to see/hear more about that one!

      I am lucky to have such great memories!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lovely day filled with family, friends and fun! Love that barn too! Hope Aurore feels better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks! Yes, Aurore's barn is the bomb! So is Aurore.....so thanks!

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely post and the parade looks so exciting.I'm from New Orleans ...so I love a good parade. Everyone is so pretty and the flag waving...That was so grand.
    Bye now,
    Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Marie Antoinette! Our parade is a blink and you miss kind of parade...but I have been attending for 47 and still love it!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh....a beautiful New England way to remember. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great memories!!

    I love sitting on the porch with family!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thanks! It was a day of making memories!

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos & memories - love the barn!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are so beautiful! Looks like you all had a wonderful Memorial holiday. BTW, I really enjoyed that Instagram photo of your Dad's white lilac shrub. Just spectacular!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Aw thanks Loi....they are awfully cute aren't they?!

      As for the white lilac Loi, I totally agree! I have been fascinated with that Lilac tree (way too tall for me to call it a shrub!) since childhood!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...