2.26.2013

No Green Thumb Needed ❀

Sometimes we find a touching story
 in the most unexpected place.

Yesterday while browsing
Etsy, I came
upon the most beautiful
flowers.
Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest


They immediately reminded me of
spring...of pansies and roses and
apple blossoms.



Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

As I browsed
Priya's shop, Amu and Pri, I was
taken
by the detailed work.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

When I clicked on the artist's bio, I 
was saddened. 

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

The shop has marked
everything to half off,
and is scheduled to
close in April.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

But what touched me most was the 
lengthy explanation
of how Etsy encouraged
an artistic endeavor
at a low point in Priya's life.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

...and then, to read that Priya 
CUTS ALL OF THE PETALS BY HAND...hand-dyes many petals
and hand-stitches....
it becomes evident this is a labor of LoVe.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

Priya gave me permission to 
post her lovely flowers...

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

Please visit her shop and
tell your friends about
the beauty she
is creating.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

Obviously she loves 
what she does, and
something very personal
 is forcing her to close.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

Perhaps we can
help her along.

Source: etsy.com via Prince on Pinterest

It would be so sad to see
Priya stop creating.
She also added that she will recreate anything from her 
sold items if you see something you like.
The images below are from her sold section.
(as is the first image at the top...my favorite)


Spread the word! Post to your Facebook, pin, tweet, email....Priya is so
talented that she should be doing this full-time!
She is giving up a part of her heart.
As a fellow crafter, it brings tears to my eyes.

Visit Amu and Pri for a breath of fresh air.

xo

23 comments:

  1. oh the linen flowers .. were the very first flowers I made and my favorite too !The flowers look so beautiful here, sometimes I keep asking .. are these my flowers ?? They make me smile with the contentment that they made someone's day very special .. these are the people who trusted in me.. who never saw me nor I saw them , but they will last in my memories forever as Very Very special people who made my day.. each day everyday :)
    Thank you again for the support and love.
    Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priya...it is MY pleasure....do not give up your dreams!

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Regine...thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Those ARE beautiful! And what a sweet thing you are doing for a lovely artist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks for stopping by to see these beauties!

      Delete
  4. They are beautiful flowers and I can also see the love she puts into them. Thank you for sharing these sweet blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful and obviously constructed with talent and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I agree FB. I have never met Priya, but feel that I know her....

      Delete
  6. Those flowers are so beautiful! I am sad to hear about her shop closing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flowers are so beautiful. Thank you for the link. I will be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You are welcome Michelle....I ordered 2 because I just love them.

      Delete
  8. Those are simply lovely, I can imagine wearing one on my denim jacket to church...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes, that is what I was thinking....a very "in" spring accessory....very rustic chic.....

      Delete
  9. I saw these on your Pinterest boards last night...and fell in love with them! Oh so gorgeous and delicate and beautiful. I will spread the word. I would love a necklace with these.
    I do love browsing Etsy: never fails that I find some incredible item etc.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They are so special, I agree, thanks for taking notice! There are amazing people out there, I agree, sooooo talented!

      Delete
  10. these are gorgeous!! and what a lovely post about her/her work. i think i found something i must have ~ SO many pretty things!!! thanks for sharing, love etsy so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Lori...so glad you popped in! My problem was, I just couldn't decide! Then I picked 2...a girl can never have too may flowers!

      Delete
  11. Lovely! That's nice of you to help the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. I can relate. Though my shop is remaining open, I too have to close the doors of my dream to create. Because of unforeseeable circumstances, I have to go back to work full-time and stop making my paper art. But I am OK with it; but I understand what this post means. To see art have to be closed off for whatever reasons, is sad to me. I have interpreted the last several weeks as being the reality that art is ESSENTIAL to live, but making a living through other venues is also essential, pushing out the need to create, for many of us simply cannot make a living doing it. I will visit her. Lovely work, and made with love. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so cute! I especially love the first 2! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...