Our neighbor has a cranberry bog. He gave us LOTS of yummy cranberries. So sweet.
While looking for a cranberry bread recipe, I came across this Cranberry Sangria recipe
from Coastal Living:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill 2 hours
This would be great for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle fruity red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Garnishes: fresh cranberries; orange, lemon, and lime slices
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until cranberries pop. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out juice. Discard solids.
- 2. Transfer cranberry mixture to a large pitcher. Stir in wine, brandy, and orange juice. Chill 2 hours. Serve over ice; garnish with cranberries and fruit slices, if desired.
- To serve as a warm mulled cocktail, transfer mixture to a Dutch oven and heat just until it begins to boil. Garnish, if desired.