We always grow a few rows of radishes...but one can only eat so many radishes sliced on a salad...and honestly, not my fav...
1) Wash radishes and remove stem end and tip.
3) Place in a pan where they have room to spread out.
4) Add 1 stick butter.
5) Cook on medium...to low...allowing butter to melt, but not high enough that the butter burns.
6) Stir in a cup of sugar.
(This is NOT low fat :)
7.) Stir until sugar is melted in.
8.) Add about a cup of water, turn to low heat, cover.
(I leave a little crack, otherwise this tends to boil over)
9) Boil until radishes seem tender.
10) Uncover, stirring occasionally, until almost all liquid has evaporated.
Radishes are cooked when water has evaporated and you are left with a sugary sauce coating the radishes. (See picture above).
They are AMAZING!!!
Be prepared though...this took about 55 minutes the last time I did it.
These are also better used right away, because when stored, the butter hardens.