8.02.2011

What to Do With Those Radishes...So Sweet!

We always grow a few rows of radishes...but one can only eat so many radishes sliced on a salad...and honestly, not my fav...
...so I searched and searched for recipes...and kind of combined a few. I call them "Candied Radishes":

1) Wash radishes and remove stem end and tip.
2) Slice.
3) Place in a pan where they have room to spread out.
4) Add 1 stick butter.
5) Cook on medium...to low...allowing butter to melt, but not high enough that the butter burns.
6) Stir in a cup of sugar.
(This is NOT low fat :)
7.) Stir until sugar is melted in.
8.) Add about a cup of water, turn to low heat, cover.
(I leave a little crack, otherwise this tends to boil over)
9) Boil until radishes seem tender.
10) Uncover, stirring occasionally, until almost all liquid has evaporated.

Radishes are cooked when water has evaporated and you are left with a sugary sauce coating the radishes. (See picture above).

They are AMAZING!!!

Be prepared though...this took about 55 minutes the last time I did it.

These are also better used right away, because when stored, the butter hardens.

Get creative!

Bon Appetit!

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm I have never had candied radishes!

    How is your daughter doing on the Gluten Free Diet? Have her symptoms improved?

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is doing GREAT thanks! It's a whole new way of thinking/living for all of us. She is so strong...I could never do it without a lot of pouting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds AMAZING! I'm actually (strangely) a radish fan, but will absolutely have to try out this recipe!
    Your house is always beautiful - I love your header picture.
    I love your blog - so happy to have connected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably the most creative recipe I've seen in a while! The color is so pretty...Do you eat it with a spoon? Over ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say...but I just ate them with a spoon and a smile :) I was thinking probably great with a pork tenderloin on the grill..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEVER know what to do with radishes! So this is a fun find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hardly use radishes. This is so interesting and looks pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made these and they ARE delicious! I just ate with spoon also but will use as side with turkey burger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...