4.20.2009

I Love April Vacation.

April Vacation is finally here. My husband and I are both teachers, and believe me, we were ready for it. I can always tell when it's time for a school vacation. I'm so tired I want to go to bed at 8:00. My hair looks bad, my skin looks old (ok, so maybe I'm old). My school kids and my own two are irritable and cranky. I look at it as a time of revamping, refreshing, refueling. I'd say relaxing, but that is not the case. I actually look forward to doing yardwork. it's been a long snowy winter here in Massachusetts. Watching the daffodils blossom, the lilacs budding...incredible. Watching something eat a dozen new irises and a beautiful lily...not so incredible. We spend all day outside raking, digging, etc...it's still too early to plant. Frost is still a strong possibility. So we will have to be patient for a few more weeks.

This year I'm turning my veggie garden into a flower garden and we're making a HUGE veggie garden. I will post pictures as it all develops.

I'm also looking forward to a little rain...we'll head to Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham. I can't wait to pop into JCrew and eat lunch at Rustic Kitchen. It's great when you have a husband that loves to shop, and you have trained your kids to do the same!

So let's hope by Sunday night I look young(er), refreshed, and ready to conquer the final stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...