2.15.2014

I was Born to Rescue Prettiness…. and a Winner!



I have been photographing LOTS of vintage pieces for my shop, Prince Snow Farm.


I have been collecting these pieces for MANY years….



….and I am a bit addicted to the colors...


…the patterns….


….but especially to the story they tell.


I guess when we "upcycle", we not only get something useful, but we get a little slice of history.


Who was scooping sugar from this limoges sugar bowl?


Who was serving tea in these delicate cups?


I love thinking about where they have been, who has held them, who has laid them out for their family.


I love imagining a bride in the 30's or 40's or 50's picking a pattern….or inheriting it
 from her mom or grandma.


I adore every little detail, a delicate flower blossom, a neatly filled border….



I am drawn to these vintage pieces mostly because of their patterns….mostly florals, tugging at this gardener's heart!


If I had a gigantic china closet, or a roomy pantry, I am sure I would be tucking these all away.
I dream about how people could use these pieces….at a rustic country wedding….for a barn party…an anniversary gift….a mix and match tablescape….


But alas, I must pass them along to others to love and tend…..much like the blossoms I take from my garden each summer.


I will be listing more as the week goes on (vacation week wahooooo)….


But if you see something here that calls to you, something you just have to have….


….just leave me a comment and I can send you a paypal invoice if it is not already listed in my shop.


And because you are such dears, enjoy 15% off in my Etsy shop.
Enter code blogfriends at checkout.


Have a wonderful weekend.

We are in the midst of another blizzard!

***************

And congrats to Anonymous Janet! You have won my giveaway!
I have sent you an email!



19 comments:

  1. SO lovely! I am partial to the florals, too. Don't you wish you could chat with past owners? Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it could be a book in the making!

      Delete
  2. All lovely pieces! I also love collecting antique china and pretty vintage dishes. It's great fun to assemble various sets. Thanks for sharing these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun Loi, you are right. My pleasure!

      Delete
  3. My mother had a lovely teacup collection. I am not sure, but I think it all went to my sister's house.

    I remember loving to look at all her teacups, but hating them when it was my job to dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would not want to dust around them either!

      Delete
  4. I love all your vintage china! I have several pieces too.. if you ever find some jadeite, let me know! Or Shawnn corn. I'm glad you liked the heart I sent you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I will keep my eye peeled for jadeite!

      Delete
  5. For years my FH and I wondered through estate sales and antique shows drooling over the vintage china and glassware. We inhereted several good sets of china from my FH's family and sadly they sit in boxes in a storage room. I would love to find a place for them where they would be appreciated. We were collectors of different wares ... mine was elephants and FH collected Oil Company stuff (He worked for Oil Companies back before we knew they were the bad guys :) It is fun to collect, but then you are faced with what to do with it all when it is time to find new homes for them ... I struggle with that iisue and still haven't come up with a good answer. I enjoyed this post, it brought back many good memories.

    Andrea @ From Teh Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you have to find someone who loves your collection as much as you! My husband has a collection of over 100 travel clocks!

      Delete
  6. Good afternoon! I just got home from being out on a fun outing with my husband and just in time; it is SNOWING! I had no idea you had an Etsy shop! And as I see your wares, I see the exact same pattern of a lovely set of dishes a friend gave me that she bought on Portobello Road in London!

    I wish you a peaceful weekend my dear, as you ride the storms out you way. Enjoy! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowing there too….bah! Go away snow! I have had an Etsy shop for several ears….always transforming :) Vacation week!

      Delete
  7. I love all those florals too...birds of a feather are we...thank you for the visit! Lucy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have picked up some nice pieces of china, doesn't the teapot look like Aladdin's lamp? :-) Congrats to your winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! And yes, that is Hall's aladdin teapot….but it does not have the unique original lid.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pieces of china, Monica! I'm going to have to go check some of my older pieces. I'm sure I have one or two of your patterns. I think at one time my parents had the same brown and white mugs. What stories each piece could tell! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to look at all of them. I always feel sad and happy when I sell a piece. I am so attracted to beautiful vintage pieces….hard to part….

      Delete
  10. Oh those are all so very lovely and delicate! I love vintage dishes! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...