1.22.2013

Nature's Gifts


We had snow last night.
Not the winter storm as warned....



but a gently fallen blanket....


...enough to coat the apple trees....


...and to transform the woods into a Robert Frost verse....

 

...enough to make the winter view of the garden magical, rather than desolate....


The Juncos were out...playing hide n' seek in the Hydrangeas....

 

A shovel and snow- laden holly created  a New England scene scape...


I feel blessed to be home on this chilly morning....


...peeking my head out of any available door....


...my hands icy as I aim the lens....


....my body warm....


....my mind clear....


As I stay home and let
 my body rest,


I look to nature
 for
  healing,

 

....knowing that this must 
be part of the plan....


....the pureness....


....the innocent beauty, as only
Mother Nature
could
capture it.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, it's Houdini! Perfect weather for recuperating. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Chilly today meg! 9 degrees at 7:45, how about you?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! It's cold enough to snow here in Atlanta, but we haven't seen any yet for 2 winters now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. farrah, thanks so much! We have had 2 smallish storms so far, last winter was oddly warm here.....

      Delete
  3. A fresh coat of snow
    does, indeed, change
    things from desolate
    to magical!

    So nice that you were
    able to stay in and
    enjoy it from the comfort
    of home.

    Happy Tuesday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I agree Suzanne, as usually I am up at 5:20 and out the door by 6:30. I do not miss driving on snowy, icy roads!

      Delete
  4. Happy you got some healing snow!! I think the air is different after it has snowed, so pure - a few deep breaths! The extra light is a bonus also! Hope you are feeling stronger every day.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Ivan, you are right! I am loving a little extra light! I am used to leaving for work in the dark and have been spoiled not having to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm longing to wake up to a beautiful blanket of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your fingers crossed I will wish on the next bright star I see....after all, I want you to drink your hot chocolate soon. If not, we may have to facetime when we build a snowman!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...