11.09.2012

I am SO excited!


I am SO excited!

"GREY'S ANATOMY"
to Feature Adult Patient with CVS

The episode will be about an older gentleman
who repeatedly comes into the ER with the same episode
and symptoms. Through a pediatric doctor’s experience,
the episodes get properly identified as CVS. His quality of life has been severely impacted by his CVS and Migraines and hopefully his life going forward can get better now that
he has an action plan.
November 15, 2012
on the “ABC” network
Check Local Programming Guide for Time
Chandra Wilson “Dr. Bailey”
International Spokesperson for CVSA
will direct the episode of "Grey's Anatomy" about CVS

Chandra will appear on the show called “The Talk” (CBS Network) on November 15th to promote the evening episode of “Grey’s Anatomy”
Check Local Programming Guide for Time

Those of you familiar with my blog know that our 8 year old has suffered from Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome since she was a baby.  Chandra Wilson has a daughter with CVS, and I am so very glad she is using the show as an informational tool regarding this confusing/misunderstood/misdiagnosed disorder.

YOU ROCK CHANDRA!!
(info borrowed from cvsaonline.org)

9 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter, C, is doing well. I really admire her strength, and yours. Thank you for continuing to educate us on CVS.
    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loi, you are so thoughtful. I always appreciate your kind words and friendship (and anxiously await each of your posts).

      Delete
  2. Isn't it sad that we need "Hollywood" to fund research! Thankfully we seem to have some very thoughtful actors who feel it's important to give back and have to resources to advocate on a national level.

    I love "Dr. Bailey" and hopefully now more research can be done to find a cure for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we are lucky to have thoughtful actors!

      Delete
  3. Whoops, excuse the type, that should read . . .

    Thankfully we seem to have some very thoughtful actors who feel it's important to give back, and have the resources to advocate on a national level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. No need to correct....this crazy mom knows exactly what you were saying...in fact, I didn't see the error til you pointed it out....you are a sweetie!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's affliction and I hope this media spotlight will help find a cure or at least inform others to get proper treatment. I was a big fan of Grey's Anatomy in the first year but now I spend all my free time reading instead. Actor Patrick Dempsy is actually from my part of Maine and does 5K fundraisers here for cancer. I like to hear that the show is being used for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch it every week so I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...