10.28.2012

Sandy....Baby...W-h-y?



Sandy is climbing up the coast....a very unpredictable storm....a hurricane....a nor'easter...a "Frankenstorm". We still are not sure what to expect here in southern New England. We are prepared. We are on high ground in our little coastal town....in fact, we may be the highest in town.

Stay safe all.


Sandy

Stranded at the drive-in
Branded a fool
What will they say Monday at school?

Sandy can't you see I'm in misery
We made a start now were apart
There's nothing left for me
Love has flown all alone
I sit and wonder why-yi-yi-yi
Why, you left me oh Sandy

Oh Sandy baby someday when high-yi school is done
Somehow, someway, our two worlds will be one
In heaven, forever and ever we will be
Oh please say you'll stay oh Sandy

Sandy my darling you hurt me real bad
You know it's true but baby you gotta believe me
When I say I'm helpless without you
Love has flown all alone
I sit, I wonder why-yi-yi-yi
Why, you left me oh Sandy

Sandy, Sandy, why-yi-yi-yi-yi
Oh Sandy 

composed by Scott Simon and Louis St. Louis

Still remember going to Grease with my friend Jo Mary Pontes. The theatre was sold out and we had to sit in separate rows! Has always been a favorite!

13 comments:

  1. I do hope the effects are minimal! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Gusts are currently around 50mph worst supposed to be 3-6pm today

      Delete
  2. We are prepared and ready here!! Hoping everyone is wrong, and Sandy just breezes on by. We've already had a lot of storm damages in the neighborhood this year. And also lost many old stately trees. Fingers crossed ~
    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are making out ok..keep us posted Loi.

      Delete
    2. So sorry to hear about your greenhouse. It's crazy here in DC ~ Loi

      Delete
  3. The storm Surge that went through was the 6th largest on record for us. 6'8" over mean high tide. Flooding everywhere. All okay however.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are ok. I was thinking your area would be hit hard. We are getting a little rain and heavy gusts...this afternoon should tell us more here on the south coast of Massachusetts.

      Delete
  4. Thinking about you! Stay safe!
    Monica Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. So far so good. Highest gust at 67mph...still close to 40 and gusting. High tide here at 8:30.

      Delete
  5. I hope you've escaped the storm unharmed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your family continues to far well after Sandy...We have family in CT, as well we worried and prayed over. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the winds didn't damange your darling garden fence I so adore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...