10.14.2012

Garden Inspired Fabrics

IMG_2675
A Watercolor of Zinnias

I have been having fun designing my own garden inspired fabric line on Spoonflower.   It will be available soon to the public. In the meantime, please take a peek! I am so excited....the chance to let my garden live year round :)

Butterflies on Zinnias

IMG_2502
I have chosen a mirror design....I think it is VERY cool how the flowers turn into abstract art...such as sunflowers....
IMG_2839


A bouquet of assorted zinnias...pastel tones....

IMG_2405



More zinnias...jewel tones....with rustic touches....


IMG_2398

An assortment of hydrangeas....

IMG_1990

A hot pink zinnia...bursting with life and color....

IMG_2890



And of course...a few pumpkins!
IMG_2754

Many more to come!

Check back soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Spoonflower is a great way to get creative! Love the designs. In regards to your question about my teaching....I do still teach and currently 2nd grade. I also have a degree in Learning and Behavior Disorders and have also taught special needs children in my district. I won't retire until I am 55! Blah! I am 43! Our retirement funds are penalized if we retire before 55 here in the great state of KY! I have been teaching for over 15 years and am already tired many days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been recreating, so my images keep disappearing from the post...I realized my designs were much too large, and had to scale them down! So you are still teaching...we are close in age...I will be 47 tomorrow....I can retire any time, but my retirement will be pitiful.

      Delete
  2. I must head over to spoonflower and have some fun. Your designs are so cool, happy, and original. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing more.
    xoxo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loi, be prepared, it is a bit addictive. I have learned bait of what not to do, and I am trying to perfect my designs! Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Love these fabrics! Can't wait til I can buy some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I am working on ordering/viewing/approving the final patterns!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful the way you have captured the zinnias, probably my favorite flower in the garden. I will watch for the fabric to be available, while I do not sew, my daughter has turned out to be quite the seamstress.....lucky me! take care, enjoy the autumn colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Zinnias are my favorite flower as well, although lavender, pansies, and lilacs area ll tied for a close second!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...