8.08.2012

Dreams of a Childhood Garden

When I was a child I had a flower garden...a nice rectangular patch behind the garage where my father's black VW Bug had been parked.  I grew marigolds around the edge, and planted sticky blossomed day-glo petunias. The velvety magenta coleus was knee high.


I plucked the worn yellow blossoms from the marigolds, and gently pulled each weed.


I watered with a tin Holly Hobbie watering can....lovingly tending my surrogate baby dolls....


I'd like to say I nourished my garden; however, truthfully, I think it nourished me.



From the mid 1970's until now, I have always found a space for a garden. In planters, in small patches behind my first rental, on the windowsill of my classroom....

I am blessed to have a large, productive garden, and a family to share it with.



I still find peace and tranquility in the garden. It shows me hope....restores my spirit......

....brings me back to the patch behind the garage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...