7.23.2012

When Life Gives You Blueberries...Make Pie!






Here's My Favorite Pie Recipe...I've made it for years and love that you can throw it together in no time at all!

Ingredients:

  • 1 homemade or store bought 9 inch crust (gluten free if needed)
  • 6 cups fresh blueberries, divided
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably fresh)
  • fresh whipped cream

Directions:

Combine 2 cups berries, sugar, and 2 tablespoons water in large saucepan; bring to a full boil. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water; add to blueberry mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon juice and remaining 4 cups of blueberries. Spoon into crust. Let stand 3 hours until set.(You may choose to chill). Serve with whipped cream.
Serves 8.
Enjoy!




14 comments:

  1. I agree...this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm going to have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I make a fab blueberry too! Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to make it! I just posted 2 blueberry recipes you may enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back from a few days away...I'll check them out! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. yum can't beat a blueberry pie... just had some fresh blueberries in my cereal this morning..delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my no fail recipe! Best with lots of fresh whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out! Really! Small world....yes...LOTS of fresh whipped!

      Delete
  5. Sounds delicious and easy. When visiting Pa in June, I picked blueberries.mminlove them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo easy, that's what makes it so yummy!

      Delete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...