1.24.2012

A January Glow

I don't know about you, but I am all about "light". Natural light. The light that floods a room when shades are raised, and slips away when shades are drawn.

Due to my early morning schedule, our shades (most of them) stay drawn until I return home at 3:00 pm

On weekends the first thing I do when I get up is raise the shades. Light changes the feeling of the house, brings in life.

This week we had a foot of snow...then the fog came and took it all away! It was in the 50's today!

When I came home, the light was very pretty:

The Paper Whites Were Blooming...

The Doorknobs Were Sparkling...
My Dad's Shells from Guam Were Singing Ocean Songs in the Afternoon Glow....

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I let the sunshine in! Flowers also give a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..paperwhites....how beautiful. I have never grown any but need to put that on my list. By the time I think of them it is too late!
    It was in the 60's here yesterday so I went outside and repotted some of my plants. I need to get planning the garden...Spring will be here before we know it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...