11.12.2011

Thanksgiving Menu...Sometimes Change Is NOT Good



I can't believe Thanksgiving is around the corner. We are busy making plans: menus, guest lists...etc....How about you?

My mom, age 77, and dad, age 79, still enjoy hosting Thanksgiving dinner(Rock On Dooey and Jim). So 46 years later, I am still eating at Mom and Dad's. And I love every minute of it. Being one of five, has allowed, in recent years, my mom to dole out some of the sidedishes. I've made the stuffing and butternut squash for a few years now. Not sure yet what my official role will be this year, but I will adapt quickly.

So our menu basically looks like this:

Turkey (always perfect)
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Carrot and Turnip
Squash
Sweet Potato
Cranberry Sauce
Pickle/Olive Platters
Dinner Rolls
Pies
Other Assorted Desserts

Nothing funky. Nothing over the top. Perfect.

I personally could eat carrot and turnip everyday. And mashed potatoes stuffing and LOTS of gravy. LOTS. In fact gravy should be its own food group. (I know...FAT!)

So no need to change a thing. You can't outdo perfection. Thanksgiving is comfort food at its ultimate. Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like knowing that our own family menu never changes for Thanksgiving, it is simple and uncomplicated but the perfect accompyment to a happy family get together. Hope you and yoru family are buidling up to a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds perfect. We are having friends come this year. Sharing my kitchen. I'm excited and a little nervous all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...