9.25.2011

Zinnias Are Soooo Easy to Grow



Lacking in the "Green Thumb" department? Plant zinnias. They are so easy to grow. You sow the seeds directly into your garden in late spring. No need to coddle delicate seedlings. No need to transplant. They are tough, hearty plants. Ours continued to push forward right through the high winds of Hurricane Irene.

One of my absolute favorites is "Envy". It is a chartreuse beauty.

Growing Tip: Sow seeds once a week for a month to stagger blooming time.

But be prepared...you will become addicted!

2 comments:

  1. The first time I saw zinnias growing in large numbers in a garden I was hooked. They have the most intense colors of any flower I know of. I love yours in the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zinnias are gorgeous! Thanks for the growing tips too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...