6.01.2011

Lots to Tell








Hi everyone. First off, sorry I have been gone so long. Life has been incredibly hectic. I have tried to read when possible....but no time to comment or post. I will try to be better.

Our family cat passed away last night. Maggie was 18 years old. Amazing. She was a great companion. We are feeling the loss and emptiness. I got her as a kitten my first year teaching. I was just a baby...26 years old. Now this is my 19th year teaching and I'm 45...so yes, we have been together a while. It's an odd feeling. I keep looking for her...she is resting peacefully in our flower garden. Love you Mags.

Secondly, we have been VERY busy constructing, carrying, leveling, filling, and planting. Our new raised bed garden is on its way! We shoveled organic soil for 3 days! I'll post more photos as it progresses.

And yes...finally spring. Many of you know it was a long time coming. Once the cold faded, it rained for 2 weeks. Now 80's and 90's. Where did spring go?

Looking forward to taking the day of tomorrow to go on a farm field trip on the Cape with my 7 year old. Can't wait. Looks amazing.

Only a couple of weeks left of the school year and then I"ll have time to blog!

5 comments:

  1. That is a garden! Wow! We had a massive garden growing up with a bee hive to pollinate it and everything.

    I am so sorry to read about your cat. I have walked in your shoes and it will be a long time before you recover. I wish I had the right words but know that my heart goes out to you.

    Big hug.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so sorry about your kitty! I know that animals are part of the family. I just LOVE my little oscar. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and will be so sad when something happens to him.
    On a lighter note I can NOT believe your garden! I'm going to post my tiny one today. I LOVE It but we only did 2 beds so far. I want to add two more next year. I'm impressed girl!! And I'm jealous of your heat. Although it's been beautiful here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I saw your blog name in the comments of Keep It Simple, Keep It Fresh and had to come for a visit. I'm a MA girl too and am happy to meet you and your blog.....also a fan of the "Nantucket" (or Cape, or Vineyard) state of mind! I'm sorry to read that your little one was recently diagnosed with Celiac....it seems more common than ever, or is it that doctors are better at diagnosing it these days?
    Look forward to visiting your blog again, and hope you have a great weekend despite the rain we're having at this very moment! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across this recipe for gluten free morning glory muffins! Here is the link...

    http://meemoskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/06/whole-foods-market-gluten-free-morning.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FJNPyx+%28Meemo%27s+Kitchen%29#axzz1PLxDxMUZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about Maggie, one does feel an incredible emptiness once the furry friend is lost. Hugs, extending my support from far away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...