3.28.2011

Safe Harbor




Do you have a place to go when you need to feel safe? A place that feels like home? You know, the place that brings the memories of childhood rushing forth at a tumultuous speed? I do. It's the harbor you see in these photos.

I grew up 2 min. up the road. I marched onto the bridge during Memorial Day parades, my brother and I played on the rocks by the shore while my mom sat in the car watching us. The village across the bridge is filled with quaint shops: books and jewelry, housewares and antiques. I spent many hours as a kid staring in store fronts, dreaming of adulthood and all of the treasures I would fill my home with.

It's the sort of place you can go anytime and feel at home. It wraps you up like a blanket and takes all of your cares away. My safe harbor.

3 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of Jimmy Buffett's "One Particular Harbor"! And, of my safe harbor here in Southern NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several places like this. I cherish each one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place! So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...