1.03.2011

Fitness Challenge....off to a Slow Start....


Ok, so I need to update on my fitness goal for the new year. I am trying to do 100 miles in the month of January. Off to a slow start. I did 1 mile today. Ok...it's a start. It was kind of rough getting back in the classroom after break. I am so tired that all I want to do is soak my feet, or take a long hot bath...or sit around eating bon bons. I really want to go to bed. But it's 7:13. My kids are still doing homework, the dryer is still tumbling, dishwasher still groaning...outfits aren't out, lunchboxes still closed. Yep...it's a long way off. Keep track of progress at Chasing Davies. Happy 2011.

5 comments:

  1. I joined this challenge too and am getting a slow start. I think a challenge to me is doing the stuff each day. I have already realized that 100 miles is way out of reach for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could do this challege , i wish i could have you as a running partner : i have a fantastic park right here but i'm alone to run ! Would you come ?
    Happy new year my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 miles in a month may be a recipe for an injury. Instead of focusing on the mileage focus on the time...

    Say you will run for 30-50 minutes 3-5 times a week. The likelihood of injury diminishes if you can take it in bite sized easily quantifiable morsels.

    Exercise is a lifestyle change. You know you can do it but starting slow and steady is the way to continue for the whole key is to be consistent with the exercise.

    I mix it up a lot and it keeps me interested.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you are motivating me to get moving! 1 mile is better than none, so I think that's great! Happy New Year to you :) xoxo, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your challenge and have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...