12.01.2010

After Thanksgiving I Felt Like a Weeble!


So...How are you feeling after the feast? I'm still trying to recover. Seriously, pie, turkey, stuffing...more stuffing, more stuffing. I feel like I could pop! Yet, I am still aiming to look cute for Christmas...right? Ugh-hugh. I am not hugely over my limit. But I am hovering dangerously close to my limit of 130. I am very happy, and actually fit in my winter pants at 122ish. I will get back there. I will guilt myself into it.

One of my favorite getting back into my jeans meals is salmon. It's healthy, easy, and my husband and I enjoy the taste.Wild Alaskan Seafood has amazing salmon. I ordered it for the first time a few months back. I was a little nervous...frozen salmon from so far away...but it was INCREDIBLE!!! First off, it shipped quickly, and secondly itwas packaged to perfection.

I unthaw 2 filets in the fridge the night before I am cooking it. What a simple meal. I lay the 2 filets in my glass corningware dish, wisk together freshly squeezed lemon, olive oil, and capers, pour over the salmon, and bake until slightly flaky. A little broccoli on the side with a fresh tossed salad. Perfect! In fact, if I keep eating like this, I may have to treat myself to a Gingerbread Martini this weekend!! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I had quite a bit of stuffing myself..., and am still snacking on the fab spicy croutons I made. I might be at 130!!! No scale in my house! I've never ordered salmon like that, but I'm going to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a bit toxic myself! Thanks for the recipe! I don't like fish that much at all, but husband would eat it anytime at all. I will get enough for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gingerbread martini?? I've never heard of that. I'm up about 3 lbs myself. Too much food!! I'm trying to work on it!

    you always leave me the sweetest comments about my house and I really appreciate it! have a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish is some of my favorite food. I know the flavor you speak about and wish I could join you all.

    Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. Almost time for Christmas!!!

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for chatting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...